Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Living on 94th Street on Upper East Side - south of the border

^ Aahh, what's the fun of that ?

Mrspice... I will give you an advise about your wife walking home late at night... First learn a way to walk home. Even if it means she has to walk down 2 blocks to get to your place.. etc. Learn places (Like Doorman buildings, Diners, etc) where she can get in, if she feels unsafe. She can stay there until she feels more comfortable to leave or she can call you to meet her.

Hope this advise helps.

“just find it amazing that you have thousands and thousands of people who are predominantly white living in the 90-96th area - many in high rise luxury condominiums with doorman - yet they virtually never go uptown. Some people live in the area for years, and they never have visited any place above 97th street.”

You know this for a fact all these thousands upon thousands of people.
    Look who’s generalizing now!

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Thank you Marty. Like no one ever goes to Mt. Sinai hospital...

Marty: I am generalizing because I spoke to several random people on the street and the response was alaways the same: "I don't know, I never went beyond 96th street". I posted the question to find out whether my generalization were correct since I admit I don't know the area very well.

stache: Mount Sinai is an elite hospital located on Madison Avenue, a bit of a walk from 2nd Avenue. I have no doubt that people visit Mount Sinai when they need medical services. The question whether someone walking his/her dog crosses 96th street like any other street and walks to 97th st, 98th st and further without hesitation. There's a great hospital - Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons - on 168th street. Yet, the area is quite unsafe at night.

Mr Spice: I have a feeling you are playing us for fools...and are trolling.

If you look at my first posts on this thread I felt that your original question was sincere. I assumed...I had the impression... that you were someone unfamilair with NYC and perhaps not even an American. But now it´s obvious that you´re very familiar with the city. You seem to be answering your own questions. Really ...want do you want? What´s your point?

96 is a divinding line. I think most here agree.

Lot´s of people below 96th feel uncomfortable walking above 96th. So? If YOU feel uncomfortable DON`T GO THERE.

Probably lots who live above 96th would feel uncomfortable hanging out at the corner of 89th and Park. Something new about that?

Statistically, you´re more likely to get mugged on the street by a young black man than a white 45 year old guy in a grey business suit and wing tips. Does someone have to SPELL THAT OUT FOR YOU?

(of course the guy in the business suit might have other ways of doing you over...)
    Last edited by Fabrizio; November 29th, 2005 at 04:37 PM.

Mr Spice:

The title of this thread put it on my radar. I thought there would be indignant replies to a question by someone I assumed was not familiar with present day NYC, and the discussion would degenerate into an argument.

While that has not occurred, I find it odd that you seem to be providing counter-observations to the opinions of others. Also odd is that you committed to buying a small apartment and were concerned about having enough room for a baby, and six days later ask questions about the safety of the area.

Crime statistics for the two precincts"

Total crime reports, adjusted for population, are very close for the two areas.
    19: 1.19%
    23: 1.3%

The big difference is in murders, but if my pregnant wife was coming home late, it isn't just the murder rate I would be worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by redhot00
    He can't. I can

Default Thank you Zippy.

I did not realize that this was the same 1 bedroom baby guy.

I am not being rude, I am being truthful.

MrSpice is quite obviously looking for affirmation, not for anything other than for his beliefs to be upheld. I'm sorry, but I can't sympathize/

Exclamation Short stay at 94th st

I and ny wife will be staying at 94th St Upper East side for a few days next week. Any advice where to eataround there? is it safe in evening time?

Default Oh for Pete's sake.

Is this Spice with a new handle?

I did not post that message. There's a luxurious hotel/rental on the corner of 94th street and 2nd - I bet that's what he is talking about.

And I read postings of some of you guys - stache and Fabrizio - you post so many senseless and meaningless comments and answers. You totally missed what the question was about but you keep responding and your responces are angry without any apparent reason. I am alaways amazed when I deal with people like you...

Are you comfortabe with your new neighborhood?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast