Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Stratus - 101 W 24th St/735 Sixth Ave - Condo - by SLCE

That rendering of the "interior courtyard" with the chaise lounges is hilarious ...

Of course NYers just love to lounge in the sun at street level.

The problem here is that the tower portion of the Stratus is to the south of the courtyard -- so other than early morning hours that courtyard will be in shadow almost all the time.

Default Glassy Section

I believe the glassy section on the 3 floor will be a gym, lounge, & 1/2 court basketball court (north part). The 1st & 2nd floors will be retail.
    Also, Lofter1 is correct. I hate the fact they depict these generated images of something that will never look the same when built.
    Also, on their web site & in their sales office, they have been advertising a roof top terrace with the best views in Chelsea. I went through the entire 200+ pages of the offering plan, & not one mention of the roof top terrace. Their definition of a roof top terrace is on the 3rd floor, above the Zen garden, with a dog walk??? When I had my lawyers ask them, they said it's not in the offering plan, but they plan on building it. No guarantee's though. Only in NYC real estate can you get away with that.
    Anyway, with all that said, I liked everything else about the building & I am in contract
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	459333751_211a1141e0_o.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	3982  

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    The problem here is that the tower portion of the Stratus is to the south of the courtyard -- so other than early morning hours that courtyard will be in shadow almost all the time.
    Only during the winter months, when the sun's angle is low on the horizon.

Otherwise, during the warmer months, the sun will be directly overhead so conceivably, the sun will get in there somehow.

The only mistake I see them making was unnecessarily tearing down that healthy walkup that was there on the 25 St. corner.

Quote Originally Posted by asoroudi View Post
    I believe the glassy section on the 3 floor will be a gym, lounge, & 1/2 court basketball court (north part). The 1st & 2nd floors will be retail.
    Also, Lofter1 is correct. I hate the fact they depict these generated images of something that will never look the same when built.
    Also, on their web site & in their sales office, they have been advertising a roof top terrace with the best views in Chelsea. I went through the entire 200+ pages of the offering plan, & not one mention of the roof top terrace. Their definition of a roof top terrace is on the 3rd floor, above the Zen garden, with a dog walk??? When I had my lawyers ask them, they said it's not in the offering plan, but they plan on building it. No guarantee's though. Only in NYC real estate can you get away with that.
    Anyway, with all that said, I liked everything else about the building & I am in contract
    Wow, so much for the "rooftop" terrace.

Just curious, what do you think about the finishes in this building? Also, which unit did you get? Congrats by the way!

I went to the sale office for this building and was very dissatisfied with the finishes relative to the price they were asking and the image of the building they were projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrealestate View Post
    Wow, so much for the "rooftop" terrace.

Just curious, what do you think about the finishes in this building? Also, which unit did you get? Congrats by the way!

Hi Guys, I just registered here but have been reading these posts for quite sometime. I was recently allowed to go up to the 36rd floor of the Stratus (in a construction hat!) and see how things are coming along. Let me be the first to tell you, the views from the south are unreal. I have never seen anything like this before. It was easily way better than what they show on their website. The Northen views are also really good, except anything lower than the 35th floor will have a semi-obstructed view by the rental across the street.

As for the prices, they are going up every week, it's insane. If they haven't already, I wouldnt be surprised if they broke $2000/sq foot by the end of April. Is it worth it? Who knows, but if Chelsea keeps growing the way it is, within a few years these units could be $2500/ft (the ones with crazy views).

Just my .02 cents!

>>Disclaimer, I recently contracted for a 2/2.5 unit. So my opinions are obviously not objective!

Banned Member

$2000/ft would clearly indicate that there is a sudden surge of ignorant buyers in the market, who have failed to do any homework and are willing to make a losing bet.

Looks like I wasn't too far off in my prediction. A few hours after I posted, this went online:

Price: $3,555,000 Approx: SqFT: 1,584

http://elliman.com/Listings.aspx?Lis...westproperties

Maybe it's just me -- but the proportions regarding placement of glass <> cast stone seem off here ...

And the wonky curvy edges of the balconies / cast stone seem almost cartoonish .

Plus I'm not crazy about the overall darkness of the materials (a bookend to the dark and dreary thing going up a few blocks south at 6th Avenue / 18th Street ?).

Name:	Stratus_03a.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	4049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stratus_03b.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	4050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stratus_03c.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	4051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stratus_03d.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	4052  

But at least the Stratus serves to hide this bit of banalism one block to the north ...

Name:	Chelsea Tower_01a.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	4053  

i dont understand why that apartment is so much more than every other one. everything else in the building on the site is between $1300 and $1400 / sq ft. larger apartments tend to go for more per sq ft, especially 3 bedrooms, but 2250 is ridiculous for a 2 bd.

Quote Originally Posted by joesmailer View Post
    Looks like I wasn't too far off in my prediction. A few hours after I posted, this went online:

Price: $3,555,000 Approx: SqFT: 1,584

http://elliman.com/Listings.aspx?Lis...westproperties

Any unit from floor 32 and up is going for $1800+ because of the stunning views, nothing more. The lower floors have great views too, but not unobstructed like the 32-37 range.

Anyone take any new pictures, or have any interesting updates? It's been rather quiet here.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

It's completely topped out and it doesn't look much different than the photos you see above other than a few more floors covered with glass...is all I can tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
    It's completely topped out and it doesn't look much different than the photos you see above other than a few more floors covered with glass...is all I can tell you.
    Since it's completely topped out, anyone know what the expected completion date is?

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast