Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New York City Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by tdp View Post
    Are there any Midtown hotels that can offer 'multi-room' suites?
    http://www.radiocityapts.com/accommodations.cfm

Default East Village Or Midtown East?

Hi,
    We are coming to NY in two weeks times. I cant decide whether to stay in East Village or Midtown East??
    Can you help?!
    We will be here for 4 days and will be doing the usual touristy things.

Thanks

Midtown is more central, less funky.

Smile Best Western Hotel

Hi im hoping you can help me with some info about the Best Western Newark Airport West Hotel. My daughter & myself are coming over in November & this is one of the hotels we have been looking at. We are interested in its location, is it a safe area, easy to get to from New York JFK Airport & what are the local facilities like etc. Thank you for your time, any help will be gratefully recieved.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteNurse View Post
    Hi im hoping you can help me with some info about the Best Western Newark Airport West Hotel. My daughter & myself are coming over in November & this is one of the hotels we have been looking at. We are interested in its location, is it a safe area, easy to get to from New York JFK Airport & what are the local facilities like etc. Thank you for your time, any help will be gratefully recieved.
    You'll be way out at an airport, with everything that implies.

Local facilities: vending machines in your hotel, shops in the airport building via the hotel shuttlebus.

Surely you don't intend this location as a home base for a visit to New York?

Quote Originally Posted by NiteNurse View Post
    I'd recommend the Milford Plaza. It is located just a block off Times Square and is fairly easy to reach from JFK via the LIRR/subway or taxi/limo.

Smile Re Newark

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    You'll be way out at an airport, with everything that implies.

Local facilities: vending machines in your hotel, shops in the airport building via the hotel shuttlebus.

Surely you don't intend this location as a home base for a visit to New York?

That was out intention, we have never been to The United States before & are not sure of distances, transport options, facilities, etc. As long as its clean, in a safe area, & has easy access to New York, its fine by us. We ars also on a limted budget & this worked out fairly reasonable for bed & breakfast with flights included. Thanks for the reply, maybe we will have to reconsider & try & find an alternative package from England

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._New_York.html
    Ask for a room that looks out onto the street.

Or you might try a McSam: same type of bland, standardized room as at the airport, but in Manhattan. The cost advantage of the airport hotel will be vitiated by the cost of travel to and from the city ($50+ by cab, one way).

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    Very good area. Hotel good too.

Also consider Hotel Beacon. Even better, but perhaps a bit more money.
    Theres a few reviews of hotel beacon on this page if it helps. http://www.travelsupermarket.com/tra...aspx?package=5

NiteNurse,
    The distances and time of travel are much greater than you are imagining. I would feel terrible knowing you were way out there.
    It would drastically alter the nature of your experience.
    There certainly are budget priced accomodations in Manhattan, so have a look. When you arrive and see how the whole city is set up(and how huge it is) you will certainly be glad to have stayed in Manhattan, here within the "hive".
    Manhattan is generally very safe, so don't worry so much about that.

^ What he said !

I'll second MG's advice and add that if you absolutely must stay somewhere in New Jersey, please try for something in Jersey City or Hoboken or some other city on the western shore of the Hudson River. Those are readily-accessible by train or ferry from Manhattan. Newark-Liberty Airport is definitely NOT.

Thumbs up Thank You

Thank you all so much for your advice, we are now looking in the right places, such as the upper west side & mid town. We also wont be booking just yet, as rumour has it fares to the US are set to plummet due to a price war between airlines, which means more spending money on arrival WOOHOO !!!!!! LOL. Thanks again, roll on november, i cant wait xx xx

Nite Nurse places on the Upper West side include small cheap but very nice hotels such as the Bellclaire Hotel,Im not sure of other names but the Bellclaire is a great place

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast