Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 200 Greenwich Street - Proposed WTC Tower #2 - by Norman Foster

Talking Too funny...

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117
    Half of the people don't speak english, and favor "futuristic Dubai" over "old and dirty New York." It's annoying really.
    haha,

So true...

Feasability, NIMBYs, and 'shadows' do not seem to be considerations in the UAE -- niether does practicality, especially considering all the wide-open land...They always seem to be asking themselves: how high can this b**** go before all the underpaid workers revolt???

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman11686
    I believe the information about Tower 2 starts about 4 pages before the end of the Freedom Tower thread (in the Skyscrapers under Construction sub-forum). It's a little difficult to follow, as there are silly arguments that break out about, among other things, Asian male/female genitalia and the Sydney Opera House. Vengineer has posted some rough sketches of what Tower 2 should look like, and there seems to be a lot of confusion about the final heights of the towers.
    Ok, I saw his "updated" MSPaint drawing. Its crude but gives the general idea and then he goes on to say that the height is higher than the 1150' (around) that has been the proposed height.

Looks like citigroup center at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    Before Vengineer "enlightens" us any further...

I request that he acknowledges his source. Unlike Skyscraper City, Wired New York is not an outlet for hyperbole and false information.
    A bit offensive but I'll understand, I would be skeptical too. Unfortunately I would like to contact you personally but my company filters out AIM capabilities. I'll contact you to provide my justification when I get home. I can't do it publically because well... I like my job. I'm guessing a confirmation from moderator Stern will be enough to make my claims valid.

The Dude Abides

Send a PM (private message).

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vengineer
    A bit offensive but I'll understand, I would be skeptical too. Unfortunately I would like to contact you personally but my company filters out AIM capabilities. I'll contact you to provide my justification when I get home. I can't do it publically because well... I like my job. I'm guessing a confirmation from moderator Stern will be enough to make my claims valid.
    Vengineer, the second, "updated" drawing on SSP of yours: it appears to have three levels to the sloped roof, is that true and if it is, do they go up to one side or do they go up to meet in the middle for a "diamond" effect (with the highest point being the center)?

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117
    So if STR and vengineer saw the same design, but can't agree on the height they saw, then that really isn't helping us much is it. I don't mind waiting for an official unveiling.
    I've seen 3 different design proposals, one of which closely resembles the SSC guy's sketches. None have spires, and all are probably old and cannot be posted as I'm not going to get anyone fired. 1,100-1,150 seems to be the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengineer
    I'm not just some member trying to give you a hard-time, it’s my duty as a moderator to protect this forum from false rumors. We have already banned a senior-member that was passing around false information. That said I would be happy to protect any information you will give me that will validate this rumor, just send me a private message. I am already protecting other information from members in the know, via private messages of other big things that are going on behind closed doors.

Anyone want to be a pal and post the link to the thread / post at ssc?

Please

I just registered there so I could take a look -- but can't seem to find what you're all talking about.

If it's against the rules to post a ssc link here [ ] then someone could PM it to me

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1

Please

I just registered there so I could take a look -- but can't seem to find what you're all talking about.

If it's against the rules to post a ssc link here [ ] then someone could PM it to me
    Why would it be against the rules?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1

Please

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=405

Quote Originally Posted by stern
    Why would it be against the rules?
    I think lofter1 was being facetious...

Got it ... Thanks.

Saw it ... Liking the concept ...

Re: Against the Rules?

No idea why it WOULD be, but just thought since no one had posted the link there might be a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerbanks Lookout
    I think lofter1 was being facetious...

Don't laugh, but i got banned from a New York Yankees forum just last week for posting a link to a site discussing the mid-70's Yankee Stadium renovations. I wasn't even warned, just boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    I am already protecting other information from members in the know, via private messages of other big things that are going on behind closed doors.
    Awww....man.....sounds like you've got all types of tasty "dirt" on stuff. I won't tell....promise.

Thanks for the link; I just checked it out. Beyond the implied height, I am underwhelmed. This is the same sketch we have been seeing in the Libeskind placeholder since time began. Not to imply I am offended or even dissapointed if this gets built to 1,300 feet or so. That would be exciting. But in terms of the general design outline, ther eis nothing new here. What am I missing?