Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: 200 Greenwich Street - Proposed WTC Tower #2 - by Norman Foster

Quote Originally Posted by SilentPandaesq
    Awww....man.....sounds like you've got all types of tasty "dirt" on stuff. I won't tell....promise.
    Its the only real incentive of being a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    Its the only real incentive of being a moderator.
    Oh.... I thought there was booze and women (or..you know...men..whatever I'm hip)

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuy
    Thanks for the link; I just checked it out. Beyond the implied height, I am underwhelmed. This is the same sketch we have been seeing in the Libeskind placeholder since time began. Not to imply I am offended or even dissapointed if this gets built to 1,300 feet or so. That would be exciting. But in terms of the general design outline, ther eis nothing new here. What am I missing?
    You're missing the details. I apologized before on SSC, but sorry again that was a pretty shitty drawing purposely lacking details. Its a nice tower. I'm certainly impressed with it. I like it better than the FT to be honest with you.

Considering the confusion over the WSJ article regarding height from the street vs. the height used by the PA (which is about 200-300 feet higher) I'd be interested to know if architects label their internal diagrams using the PA height or the height from the street.

A difference like this may come into play here.

In that drawing (as basic as it is) I'm seeing a "wedge" thing happening on the western facade of 2WTC -- seems to reinforce the original Libeskind idea.

If so, I like it.

that 1,300ft. roof height is impressive, if used, making a twin tower appearance somewhat, but im afraid the so-called 'design' doesnt compliment 1WTC.

I would like to thank Vengineer for taking the time to explain himself, I do believe that he is genuine and entirely on the level.

Exciting news indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuy
    Thanks for the link; I just checked it out. Beyond the implied height, I am underwhelmed. This is the same sketch we have been seeing in the Libeskind placeholder since time began. Not to imply I am offended or even dissapointed if this gets built to 1,300 feet or so. That would be exciting. But in terms of the general design outline, ther eis nothing new here. What am I missing?
    Same here. So will the other towers have that sort of slopped roof according to this new design? I mean maybe a different touch by each architect but are we pretty much getting what we see around the 1WTC in this rendering?

where exactly is 2WTC placed in relation to 1WTC? directly east?

^Yes. East. Although, there is a "lot" between 1 & 2 that is designated for the performing arts center Gehry is suppose to design. Don't know if that building will actually happen, but there is a gap between 1 & 2 large enough for another building. In other words, they 2 towers aren't directly adjacent.

Id like Vengineer to confirm his source. Lets say this thing is in fact 1300+ft with no spire, it would present a twin like appearance, but the placement is off if you ask me.

Reading the FT thread at SSC, im seeing two different things. quoted from Ebola:

Let's just say I've recently acquired the heights of the towers around Freedom Tower from a talking bird. Try not to take it too seriously.

WTC Tower Two - 1,354 feet tall to its roof
    WTC Tower Three - 1,100-1,200 (not sure) plus antennae
    WTC Tower Four - 924 feet tall

As explained in the World Trade Center thread, the zero level, called the World Trade Center Datum, is an imaginary horizontal plane 297.347 feet below mean sea level. All measurements in the complex are supposed to use this reference. For example, the memorial plaza is 313 feet high.

Vengineer, is this close or no? Is the top is triangular or more like a rhombus?

Moderator Note: It has come to my attention that these renderings are innacurate
    Last edited by NoyokA; August 9th, 2006 at 12:28 PM.

a little premature, but jesus..

sorry for the blasphemy, but i think it looks great. reminiscent of SWFC a bit.

I think that what aural iNK post looks sort of acceptable. I defenetly like what is getting to.