Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Element Condominium - 555 West 59th Street - Condo - UWS - by SLCE

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
    How many people do you plan to get onto the terrace?

Aren't you worried that it might collapse under too much weight?
    I'll let the people below me worry about that

I'm going to have a party the first week I move in and we're going to see how many people we can fit onto the terrace. I think it can fit 15-20 people comfortably.

January 4, 2007:

The Element next to 10 West End Avenue...

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Looks like the parking garage is down to only the first floor now.

Does anyone know how the property line between the Element and 10 WEA meets up?

This area will be a sea of blue glass. Hopefully the rest will atleast be the quality of the Helena. It emanates an awesome silvery look at dusk.

Element
    10 West End
    The Hudson
    John Jay
    The Helena
    The Helena II
    The Sanitation Garage

Let's hope Helena II comes to fruition as designed.

What are people's thoughts about the new condo buildings in this area, as well as how they stack up compared to each other? The ones I know of that are going to be ready for inhabitation in the near future (within a year or thereabouts) are three-fold: Hudson Condos, 10 WEA, and this one, the Element. I've heard to stay away from Hudson, while 10 WEA and the Element are better projects. Anyone else heard this? How do 10 WEA and the Element compare/contrast with each other?

Thanks in advance for any comments or opinions.

I think this building looks awesome from an amenities standpoint. Pool, huge gym, spa, big ass lawn, childrens playroom, etc. The floorplans look decent with windows maximized and many balconies even on the basic one bedrooms. The website sure has me sold. All the things I would expect to get as a tradeoff for being so far West. The neighborhood will improve quickly with all these projects. What is the pricing in this building per sq ft?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1 View Post
    I think this building looks awesome from an amenities standpoint. Pool, huge gym, spa, big ass lawn, childrens playroom, etc. The floorplans look decent with windows maximized and many balconies even on the basic one bedrooms. The website sure has me sold. All the things I would expect to get as a tradeoff for being so far West. The neighborhood will improve quickly with all these projects. What is the pricing in this building per sq ft?
    One hopes it will improve quickly, but will not living there for the first 2-3 years, for lack of better words, kinda suck? Construction going on almost all the time during the day and desolate at night. That's one of my primary concerns for now.

Construction is only short term.

I'd be more concerned about it being desolate at night as that will be more of a permanent problem.

Future buyers might get turned off by that fact - thus stiffling your property values.

Remedy would be to create more streetlevel retail in that area, you know, restaurants, bars, grocery stores, etc.

Default I dont see any retail going in these buildings

Quote Originally Posted by rsupreme View Post
    One hopes it will improve quickly, but will not living there for the first 2-3 years, for lack of better words, kinda suck? Construction going on almost all the time during the day and desolate at night. That's one of my primary concerns for now.

West End has almost no retail in this area, same with Amsterdam. The problem is the mega block developments on Amsterdam, ass end of Lincoln Center, MLK High, LaGuardia HS, John Jay college, Baruch dorms and the Amersterdam Projects make Amsterdam a really lifeless stretch from 57th up to 68th.

On West End you have a Gristedes at 63rd, a really ghetto Western beef grocery Store on 62nd, and a pizza store. That is the extent of the retail from 63rd down to 57th. This is where the car dealer ships start. The retail behind the Trump buildings have barely filled up, a cat hospital, a liquor store, a deli, not much else. West end is much bleaker.

you can almost certainly expect more retail in the area over time, the new buildings will help both because they bring a many more well-to-do residents to the area and because the new buildings bring some floor retail space.
    give this area another 3-5 years and this stretch of WEA will look very rejuvenated, though it may be hard to visualize with all the cranes and mud today.

i don't believe the presence of schools/ colleges/ art centers should affect development any more than they have in other parts of manhattan.. i think the main issue for a lot of retail is critical mass of foot traffic and thats obviously getting much better..
    Quote Originally Posted by finnman69 View Post
    West End has almost no retail in this area, same with Amsterdam. The problem is the mega block developments on Amsterdam, ass end of Lincoln Center, MLK High, LaGuardia HS, John Jay college, Baruch dorms and the Amersterdam Projects make Amsterdam a really lifeless stretch from 57th up to 68th.

On West End you have a Gristedes at 63rd, a really ghetto Western beef grocery Store on 62nd, and a pizza store. That is the extent of the retail from 63rd down to 57th. This is where the car dealer ships start. The retail behind the Trump buildings have barely filled up, a cat hospital, a liquor store, a deli, not much else. West end is much bleaker.

Default Kitchen in the one bedrooms

Does anyone know what % of the building is sold out? And also who is going to be the management company. I currently live in a new construction and the management company is Penmark- they are HORRIBLE!

Also did anyone buy a one bedroom in this building? I am a little concerned with the pass thru kitchen vs open kitchen and if this is going to make the living room look smaller...any thoughts?

Thanks!

I just moved into a new building that is managed by Penmark as well (I wonder if we're neighbors). I'm really excited by some of Extell's new projects, but I told my agent that if they're planning on using Penmark again, I refuse to buy one. Penmark couldn't be worse.
    I wish I knew about Element, sorry.

Default Penmark

staffster- do you live at the orion? We have Penmark at the Orion and I really do not want to deal with them again. Also does anyone know if the new laws for the tax abatement will effect the Element?

Quote Originally Posted by ccwcondo View Post
    staffster- do you live at the orion? We have Penmark at the Orion and I really do not want to deal with them again. Also does anyone know if the new laws for the tax abatement will effect the Element?

New laws? How do you mean?

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast