Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Element Condominium - 555 West 59th Street - Condo - UWS - by SLCE

does anyone know when we will be able to actually visit the building? When I signed they told me that maybe in January they will start letting people up in the building. That didn't happen yet..

Cool

interesting that the CEO of corcoran decided to move into the element vs west 10. corcoran is managing the sale of both of them, me thinks. must have been a tough decision to give the nod to one vs. the other...

Corcoran is marketing many buildings in the city. She probably chose the one that appealed to her personally (as did some of us). It would have been worse if she bought in a building that Corcoran is not marketing.

The building is being skinned now, while they are still building up. I saw the windows go up; pretty amazing.

It may also be to promote the Element since 10 WEA is further along and probably didn't need the publicity.

We'll probably be able to go into the building once it tops out. I'm going to swing by this weekend to take a peek.

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndGirl View Post
    Corcoran is marketing many buildings in the city. She probably chose the one that appealed to her personally (as did some of us). It would have been worse if she bought in a building that Corcoran is not marketing.

The building is being skinned now, while they are still building up. I saw the windows go up; pretty amazing.
    i know corcoran markets many buildings in the city. my point was that this was such an obvious nod towards the element vs. west 10 - which is right next door. politically, doesnt look good to apollo who built west 10.

She may have discussed it with Apollo. She is promoting the area in general, and as most who choose 10 West over Element do so based on price per sq. foot, it would not hurt 10 West that much.

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndGirl View Post
    She may have discussed it with Apollo. She is promoting the area in general, and as most who choose 10 West over Element do so based on price per sq. foot, it would not hurt 10 West that much.
    i guess she may have done a lot of things that we will never really know.

Quote Originally Posted by jennicak View Post
    i guess she may have done a lot of things that we will never really know.
    Yes, but the whole discussion of her choice is about speculating.

On a different note, 10 West closing date was just postponed from "early spring" to June. I suspect we are in for the same fate. Anyone taking bets? My prediction is December.

I'm going to bet on October. I really really don't want to be moving in the winter. I've done it once and it is miserable.

Also, does anyone plan on installing any kind of insulation on their terrace so it can be used in the winter?

Reversemix,

If you are on a lower floor, October is realistic. If you higher up, save the parka that you have been wearing this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffster View Post
    1. They hire subpar building workers
    2. They are completely disorganised in ways that endanger building residents and the building's value
    3. They do everything on the cheap rather than doing things "right"

All of the above result in a "luxury" building that is run worse than a 2 star hotel.
    In my opinion, this is not really a response to the question. You need to be more explicit in citing areas where they have been disorganized, and what they have done on the cheap for this to be a meaningfull resonse. I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just want to get your perspective on wher you see the deficencies.

The laundry list is too long and my carpal-tunnel too inflamed to flesh out my 3 points from that posting. Instead of me typing, come to the Orion breakfast room one morning and we'll discuss. Even if you don't live in the building, come on up...no one will stop you at the door. That's one problem right there, however definitely not the most egregious.

Mmmm ... what time is breakfast served?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Smile

Do they have hash browns?

Arrow Hash browns at the orion

Quote Originally Posted by Saffster View Post
    Instead of me typing, come to the Orion breakfast room one morning and we'll discuss. Even if you don't live in the building, come on up...no one will stop you at the door. That's one problem right there, however definitely not the most egregious.
    I will be working in that building some time next week and would be interested on hearing more about those items as listed. If you are serious about meeting please send a PM: I will come over to meet with you some time soon.

cheers

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast