Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Lucida - 151 East 85th Street - Condo (UES) - by Cook + Fox

It wasn't quixotic. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    ...and even quixotically run for President, like our good Governor.

There's another new development that's about to happen. The entire avenue front on Third, between 87th and 88th is going to go. The same group that did the Cosmopolitan and 90th and Third are doing another one. From what I hear, they haven't quite completed the assembliage.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW
    There's another new development that's about to happen. The entire avenue front on Third, between 87th and 88th is going to go. The same group that did the Cosmopolitan and 90th and Third are doing another one. From what I hear, they haven't quite completed the assembliage.
    which side of 3rd Ave?

?

the site on 3rd Avenue between 87th & 88th St
    was sold last year to Muss (the large brooklyn developer) for $50 million

Here's some interesting trivia (although some of you may already now it): the word "quixotic" derives from Don Quixote.

Yes I know that. Quixotic essentially means futile (as in tilting at windmills). Pataki's run for governor wasn't futile. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer
    Here's some interesting trivia (although some of you may already now it): the word "quixotic" derives from Don Quixote.

West. The Pier One (actually Agora) building is part of the assembliage. They're trying, and have almost succeeded in assembling the whole avenue front, and the first building around the corner on 88th. Last I heard, the building on the corner of 88th and Third was the holdout.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpark
    which side of 3rd Ave?

Develper. Joshua L. Muss
    the developer of the 3rd avenue and 88th street new development

Yes I know that. Quixotic essentially means futile (as in tilting at windmills). Pataki's run for governor wasn't futile. He won.
    If you check, you'll see I was talking about his future run for president. That will be quixotic.

If you check, you'll see I was talking about his future run for president. That will be quixotic.
    That's more than quixotic. It's utterly delusional!

Are you talking about the Agora building for one that is on the West side of Third between 87th and 88th?

I think there is a deli on the southwest corner of the block as well.

That's a shame, the Agora building is a really nice looking building in my opinion and totally vibrant with a ton of commercial tenants including an auction house.

Oh. Yeah.

Yes, that's the building. The main retail tenant is Pier 1. The auction house, Doyle Gallery, is technically in another building further west, that isn't involved in the project.

The deli in question is on the northwest corner.

Quote Originally Posted by macreator
    Are you talking about the Agora building for one that is on the West side of Third between 87th and 88th?

I think there is a deli on the southwest corner of the block as well.

That's a shame, the Agora building is a really nice looking building in my opinion and totally vibrant with a ton of commercial tenants including an auction house.

Hey I've been out of town for a while, could anyone who has been in the neighborhood give me an update on the construction progress? Have they started knocking down any of the buildings that were up when I took the pictures?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast