Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1249

Thread: Trump SoHo - 246 Spring Street - Hotel and Condo - by Handel Architects

Psychic abilities exhibited here are ASTOUNDING!

Digging up a graveyard can lead to bad karma.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Psychic abilities exhibited here are ASTOUNDING!
    Not sure if you're responding to my comment, but I don't think I need "psychic abiliites" to ascertain the reasoning for NIMBY opposition to a big building.

I think even my Yorkie can figure out that the problem is that Manhattan NIMBYs don't like big new buildings. It isn't as if the current building were converted to a Holiday Inn, then "Downtown Maven" would welcome the building with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Digging up a graveyard can lead to bad karma.
    Then I guess we need to evacuate most of the world's older cities. Heck, St. Peters and the Vatican need to be evacuated, because they built on a huge Roman cemetary.

A.Schwarz,
    I asked two questions, and you respond with "You list no facts."
    OK, one more time:
    1)How many of these 391 condo units have been purchased?
    2)How many are hotel rooms, still owned by the sponsor, Bayrock/Sapir?

Since you are unwilling to address my questions, instead replying with ad hominems, allow me:
    1) None
    2) Every single one

" It isn't as if the current building were converted to a Holiday Inn, then "Downtown Maven" would welcome the building with open arms."
    Wrong again!
    There are two Holiday Inns that were developed in SoHo, one up the block from Trump SoHo, and another on Lafayette & Howard, which aroused no community opposition - because they are operated and marketed as actual hotels, not residential condos. In fact, I have attended events there.
    Further, a few feet up on Lafayette, the very tall Mondrian - a legitimate hotel - went up without an iota of opposition from activists, as did The James, another monster building, on Sixth & Grand, just 2 blocks from Trump SoHo. Nor did the activists object to the recently opened Crosby Hotel.
    So your statement that downtown activists oppose any hotels or tall buildings is patently ludicrous.
    Looks like I caught you with your pants down again, poor baby.

I'll conclude by quoting from your buddy, ZippyTheChimp, who in this thread on July 13, 2006 wrote:
    The difference is the precedent set. If a permanent residenece (sic) is being built, Trump should be required to apply for a variance.

That's precisely what GVSHP, SoHo Alliance and CB2 have been stating since Day One.
    Since Trump/Bayrock's initial offering called for potential permanent residence, the activists opposed it. Then, as a result of their lobbying, Speaker Quinn introduced the Restrictive Dec that limited permanent residence. Then the buyers began disappearing. Then he faced near foreclosure. Now it is offering 90% refunds to the few buyers who actually had placed deposits and who want out. Thus it is operating as a regular hotel, with not a single residential condo sold.

Reply if you choose, because I love toying with you, but, before you do, remember: There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Trollfest.

Trump SoHo developers to auction hotel, condos
    http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...120119884/1033
    It took us five years, but it's come time to stick the fork in this turkey!

Who's laughing now?

Who? The crew at Curbed (not to mention the commenters) ...

Trump Soho's Unsold Units, Common Areas Headed for Auction

Wednesday, January 18, 2012, by Sara Polsky

We appear to have arrived at the twist in the long and entertaining saga of Trump Soho. There have been lawsuits and refunds and even a debate over the placement of furniture relative to light fixtures. We thought it couldn't get any weirder, but we were wrong. Turns out the hotel and unsold condo units at Trump Soho are going up for auction, according to Crain's. The auction—which includes a not-yet-revealed number of condo units and the common areas of the hotel—is a response to an unsolicited offer to buy the thing. "They were numbers that we would be very happy selling at," said Sapir Organization president Alex Sapir. But instead of doing so, Sapir is currently sending out info to prospective buyers and will hold the actual auction in March or April. Anyone know more? Tell us!

One of these years, they'll get to rezoning that neighborhood. At that point, whoever ends up with ownership of this building will sell of the remaining units as proper condo.

Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    One of these years, they'll get to rezoning that neighborhood. At that point, whoever ends up with ownership of this building will sell of the remaining units as proper condo.
    Actually, the neighborhood activists, the community board and Trinity RE are in the process of rezoning the area. It should go to CPC later this year.

However, re-zoning won't remove the Restrictive Declaration that the activists forced Trump/Bayrock to include in the building permit, which restricts residential use to 29 continuous days max, 120 days max per year. Who would buy a condo residence with those restrictions?

No, when we decided to fry Trump and his crooked partners, we made sure to fry him real good and teach him and other smug sleazy developers to think twice before attempting to flim-flam seasoned Downtown activists.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMaven View Post
    No, when we decided to fry Trump and his crooked partners, we made sure to fry him real good and teach him and other smug sleazy developers to think twice before attempting to flim-flam seasoned Downtown activists.
    LOL at this delusional nonsense.

Sorry, but you lost. A developer building as-of-right doesn't care if some neighborhood crank doesn't like it.

The building has been completed and operational for years now. Time to move on to the next hopeless cause.

Oh you poor baby, not being able to grasp the difference between "as-of-right construction" and " legal use".

Keep up the show, bubala, try to save face, continue to shill for Trump, despite the facts hitting you over the head. I enjoy seeing sycophants squirm, as they dangle slowly in the wind.

"Opulence, I has it……." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjWYbcbpiWA
    This guy is Trump's partner on this Real Estate Development project: Mr. Sapir himself.
    P.S. Note the dog's playing cards at the poker table in the background. Too funny!

BIO -
    Tamir Sapir, Chairman

Born behind the Iron Curtain in Tbilisi, Georgia, Mr. Sapir left the Soviet Union in 1973 in a wave of Jewish emigration, first settling in Israel then migrating to the United States. He began his meteoric rise in the business community by buying and mortgaging a taxi medallion in New York City and investing his life savings to open a wholesale electronics store on lower Fifth Avenue, which became an enclave for New York’s growing Russian community and for visiting Soviet dignitaries and trade delegations seeking to purchase state-of-the-art electronics. In 1985, he was invited to join a delegation of U.S officials and corporate members in of the U.S.-U.S.S.R. Trade and Economics Council, the main East-West trade organization of the Soviet era. He became a member of the council, which organized meeting between U.S. corporations and Soviet officials to improve trade. Mr. Sapir was one of the major foreign partners for the emerging oil industry in Russia.
    Last edited by infoshare; January 19th, 2012 at 04:37 PM.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2012/10/...Estate+News%29
    Elliman slashes prices at Trump Soho
    Several building units are now 30 percent off
    October 11, 2012 01:15PM
    By Katherine Clarke
    Trump Soho
    Prudential Douglas Elliman has relisted a handful of units at the embattled Trump Soho — but at seriously reduced prices.
    The brokerage, which joined Prodigy International last year to market the building’s units on a co-exclusive basis, has dropped the price of some of the units by almost 30 percent, Streeteasy.com shows. Elliman’s marketing team, headed up by Fredrik Eklund, John Gomez and Sara Clephane, declined to comment on the price drops. Clephane joined Elliman in August after spending six years as director of sales at Trump Soho.
    A one-bedroom, 741-square-foot unit at the property, which was taken off the market in August after asking $1.78 million or $2,406 per square foot, has been relisted for $1.27 million or $1,714 per square foot, Streeteasy.com shows. The price of another one-bedroom spread has been dropped by 27 percent, from $1.59 million to $1.16 million.
    Sales have been ongoing at the development since 2006. In May — the last time brokerage Prodigy International officially released information on its recent deals — less than one quarter of the property’s 391 residences had been sold or were in contract. A spokesperson for the building’s sales office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    A spokesperson for Prodigy was not immediately available for comment.
    As previously reported, ten Trump Soho buyers received a 90 percent refund on their deposits last year after taking legal action against Trump Soho developers the Bayrock Group and the Sapir Organization, alleging they misrepresented sales figures at the building. The developers allegedly told prospective buyers that 60 percent of the units at the building had been snapped up when just 16 percent of the units were actually sold.

Have I spelled schadenfreude correctly? LMAO

Gotta hand it to the NIMBYs: their successful efforts at getting that restrictive declaration prohibiting full-time residential-living sure put Trump's arrogant scheme where it belongs: in the FAIL FILE

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMaven View Post
    Gotta hand it to the NIMBYs: their successful efforts at getting that restrictive declaration prohibiting full-time residential-living sure put Trump's arrogant scheme where it belongs: in the FAIL FILE
    Uh, the NIMBYs attempted a zillion lawsuits to block the building, and lost on all. They didn't have any impact whatsoever on this development. Maybe they made a few lawyers a little richer, that's it.

The fact that sales appear to be slow is kinda irrelevent, no? All that means is that the banks will get their money back a little later than expected.

And Trump isn't even involved in this anymore. This is a licensing deal. He already made his money.

16% of units sold in six years? Epic Fail.

Wow, I stumbled in here an hour ago as I recalled today that I managed some concrete work in the Quattro Restaurant a few years back...60 minutes later and I'm up to speed on the bickering that has been going on. Continue please.