Thread: Weird question...

Talking Weird question...

Hi Everybody!
    I'm going to NY in May and I've always dreamed about standing on the roof of a building... lol (as in movies).
    So, I just wanted to know if there's any building that allows people to go on the roof...
    I know is kinda weird but that's a real fantasy for me

Nice find, Schadenfrau.

New York never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think you know it a little...

Have you been to any of those? If yes, how about a report?

I'll go over what I've seen.

The Heights is definitely outside, but there's not much of a view. It's a pretty fratty Columbia bar, about two steps above The West End.

High Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel was incredible; one of my favorite bars ever. But, alas, the hotel is closed for renovations. When it reopens, the place will probably suck. The whole charm of that hotel was the shabby glamour.

Hudson Sky Terrace is great, but can get rather crowded and overly-trendy. Go early for the best experience.

The Roof Garden Cafe is beautiful, but probably not what Perfidia looking for. The view is mostly of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    High Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel was incredible; one of my favorite bars ever. But, alas, the hotel is closed for renovations. When it reopens, the place will probably suck. The whole charm of that hotel was the shabby glamour.
    And to think I stayed at the Gramercy Park and never even knew the High Bar existed...

It's not wierd at all - Try the roof of the Rockefeller Center.
    I believe it's currently the highest building in New York where you can stand on the roof (70 floors up, with 360 degree views).

www.topoftherocknyc.com

Empire State IS taller - but you're not actually on the roof (still unmissable though)