Thread: Statue of Liberty Helicopter

Default Statue of Liberty Helicopter

Hi

Am hoping to go on a helicopter tour over looking the statue of liberty etc which ive found is approx $61 for 5-7 mins, but im sure it will be worth it. I wondered if anyone knew whether it is easy enough to book in New York to go on the same day or if would be better to prebook? As if need to pre book i presume would need to supply credit card/debit card details over the telephone and as from the UK, would a visa debit card work there?

A Visa debit card will work here.

If I were you, I'd save my money and take a free ride on the Staten Island ferry, which passes the Statue of Liberty. Get yourself a Budweiser tallboy and enjoy the view.

Do you not think its worth it then?

Speaking for myself, if I thought it was worth $60 and I had the money, I'd go ahead and do it.

What is anything worth, after all, besides what we're willing to pay for it?

Before it was free, the Staten Island Ferry was 25 cents. That would make the helicopter fare 2400 times as great. No doubt it's more thrilling than the Staten Island Ferry. Is it 2400 times as thrilling? Only you can answer that definitively, and only really after you do it. Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble06
    Hi

Am hoping to go on a helicopter tour over looking the statue of liberty etc which ive found is approx $61 for 5-7 mins, but im sure it will be worth it. I wondered if anyone knew whether it is easy enough to book in New York to go on the same day or if would be better to prebook? As if need to pre book i presume would need to supply credit card/debit card details over the telephone and as from the UK, would a visa debit card work there?
    Hi,

Last time i went to New York we took one of the "taste of New York" helicopter rides. it was definitely worth it! Fantastic views of the city, try and make sure you get sat near the window for the best views, it was a very bumpy ride though!! we booked ours through the hotel, but you can prebook online i think

I hope we can get one when were there as i looked at availability yesterday and the next week or so they are booked up. So im hoping we can make last min bookings when we get there (day before for example).

do most places accept Travellers Cheques for payment?

I wouldn't bother with Traveler's Checks. I can't think of a single place I've ever seen that accepts them.

Well im not too keen on the idea of bringing loads of cash with me as if i get my purse stolen i may as well go home as i wont have any money to spend! Ive seen some tavellers cheque cards you can get, has anyone seen if they can be used? says on website they can be used in everyshop.

Why not just use your atm/debit/bank/cheque card at ATM's that's what I always do when traveling internationaly, just make sure you have a 4 digit numerical pin and you should be fine.

Does it give you the option to draw money out in $ or in my case £ too though?

i think places like bloomingdales, macys, saks etc take travellers cheques. might need your passport with you though as ID from what i can remember

If you have a bank account, and you have a credit/debit card, you will be able to draw out money from every ATM everywhere in the city.

Don't bother with the Traveler's Checks. I've seen waiters laugh when people tried to spend them at restaurants. Contrary to the claim, they are not just like cash.