Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avery - 100 Riverside Blvd - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

I wonder if either Hillary or Pataki in the White House will be better for the city.
    Umm, even Attila the Hun in the White House would be better for New York City. Too many Republicans at the National level despise this city and wouldn't vote to give us one red cent. We're Babylon to the party of retarded bible thumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by kazpmk
    does anyone by chance know if foundation work began in 2005 or 2006???
    They were clearing the lot in 2005 but I say escavation started in 2006.

Banned Member

This is a side bar to the thread, but Extell had a big party for the Avery two weeks ago and Seal performed. So, I guess their making lots of moolah.

March 26, 2006:

Last edited by krulltime; January 5th, 2007 at 02:50 PM.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Which trains do those tracks serve? MetroNorth?
    Anyway, the reason why I asked is because I was thinking maybe they can run the subways over there, throw in a few stations and voila, a new subway line overnight and without all the billions.
    Whaddaya think?
    Besides, you've got all these people living there and no subway access ( no ?).

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby
    Which trains do those tracks serve? MetroNorth?
    I lived for a couple years in the rental at 64th and WE (in the building that the Avery is going to block the views of).....those tracks serve Amtrak exclusively. One upshot for those my old building is that burying the train will make that area MUCH quieter!

As it stands it appears there will be empty land between 101 West End Ave (the rental discussed below) and the Avery, which suggests there could be something else built in between.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgardinier
    I lived for a couple years in the rental at 64th and WE (in the building that the Avery is going to block the views of).....those tracks serve Amtrak exclusively. One upshot for those my old building is that burying the train will make that area MUCH quieter!

January 4, 2007:

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

This one sure got up in a hurry.

If only government projects were as fast moving...

Not as white and blue as the model suggested.

Default Concessions

We are very much looking forward to the building's completion and our moving in there. Given the location, the view that our apartment will have, the school district, the proximity to the park and Lincoln Center, the amenities, etc, we are quite confident that we made the right choice with this building. Just curious though, has anyone received any concessions for purchases made in this year (2007)?
    Last edited by Gringo; March 15th, 2007 at 10:49 AM.

Default Slow sales

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    We are very much looking forward to the building's completion and our moving in there. Given the location, the view that our apartment will have, the school district, the proximity to the park and Lincoln Center, the amenities, etc, we are quite confident that we made the right choice with this building. Just curious though, has anyone received any concessions for purchases made in this year (2007)?
    I signed a contract within the last two weeks, and although I believe officially the word is that they are not offering any more concessions, the truth is they are in fact offering substantial concessions, and I am sure I was not the only one. Without giving too much away, for fear it might identify me, they would not agree to lower the purchase price, but they did agreee to substantial other items including picking up most of my closing costs, free storage unit and other itesm that taken together serve to reduce the puchse price by about 10%. We were very happy with our purchase. My advice to you and other buyers is don't take no for an answer. they need to move those apartments and the avery apartments (and the rushmore apts) are not moving. (they haven't even release all of the units yet, that how bad things are. Also be careful, make sure your broker is working for you and not the sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Mike View Post
    I signed a contract within the last two weeks
    Congrats on your purchase! I guess that you agree that it is a really good building and location. What line is your apartment in? We chose the river side, since the view would forever protected. Which size storage unit did you get?

Default Strong sales

Gringo-

We signed a contract last week for a 3br. Believe me - I am an I banker - we pushed hard for concessions, but could not get any. After some digging, I did find out that the developer was picking up closing closts for those who purchased near the intial offerings (as part of the kickoff for the building), but that was fazed out last summer. I also found out that sales so far have met their sales targets, so concessions are not needed. I can only imagine (nice Mike), why people may be claiming otherwise...

The builing is starting to look great by the way, in case you haven't seen it lately!!

-Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Guy View Post
    Gringo-

We signed a contract last week for a 3br. Believe me - I am an I banker - we pushed hard for concessions, but could not get any. After some digging, I did find out that the developer was picking up closing closts for those who purchased near the intial offerings (as part of the kickoff for the building), but that was fazed out last summer. I also found out that sales so far have met their sales targets, so concessions are not needed. I can only imagine (nice Mike), why people may be claiming otherwise...

The builing is starting to look great by the way, in case you haven't seen it lately!!

-Jack

jack, could be that nice mike bought a different unit. you bought a 3br, and he bought a 1 or 2br? dont think anyone would lie - no need on a forum like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jennicak View Post
    jack, could be that nice mike bought a different unit. you bought a 3br, and he bought a 1 or 2br? dont think anyone would lie - no need on a forum like this.
    Jennicak-

I had thought about that, but the numbers just don't seem to work. I believe that the least expesenive unit would be a small 1br for about $820K. That would mean that he was offered $82K in concessions in a building with strong sales? If it were a 2br where apts seemingly start at around $1.3M that would mean concessions totalling around $130K! As I mentioned, I am an I banker, as if you couldn't tell. Also it struck me as odd that he bought in a building that he is seemingly berating. The sales claim also struck me as odd, since sales have been fine. Maybe I am just a bit cynical, I guess...

-Jack

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast