Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avery - 100 Riverside Blvd - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

I think this tower looks really nice! What are your thoughts?

Default A beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by hey19932 View Post
    I think this tower looks really nice! What are your thoughts?
    I am obviously biased, but I agree that the building looks really nice! We were driving on the West Side Highway the other day, and the Avery is looking great. I personally do not care for the last Trump building next door (120 Riverside), so it is certainly a knock-out compared to that. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Rushmore, which is going up immediately to its south.

Does anyone know what the story is regarding a shuttle service to the subway? When I called in to ask the sales office told me there will be one, but it's not mentioned in their sales literature.

Also, has Extell chosen a management company for the property yet?

FWIW I'm told that there will indeed be shuttle service to and from the 72nd Street 1/2/3 stop. The offering plan is being amended with the details.

Also, Penmark has been selected as the management company.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Unhappy

Uh-oh...

Is penmark a problem? What amendment is the Avery on? the last one I got was the sixth.

Quote Originally Posted by ckucic View Post
    Is penmark a problem?
    Do a search for "penmark" at the top of the page and read the posts in the Orion thread.

Default Very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by averygoodboy View Post
    FWIW I'm told that there will indeed be shuttle service to and from the 72nd Street 1/2/3 stop. The offering plan is being amended with the details.

Also, Penmark has been selected as the management company.
    Thanks for finding this out. I must say that having read the Orion thread, I was hoping that Penmark would not be the manager. However, I guess we'll see.

A shuttle to 72nd St. is pretty cool - also convenient for Fairway. I must say though that the local stop at 66th Street is not very far, but it is only a local stop.

If you look at a scale map, you'll see that the 66th St. subway is the equivalent of 10 street blocks away. The avenue blocks are long.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgardinier View Post
    I lived for a couple years in the rental at 64th and WE (in the building that the Avery is going to block the views of).....those tracks serve Amtrak exclusively. One upshot for those my old building is that burying the train will make that area MUCH quieter!
    Does anyone know more about this? Are the tracks going to be buried? How frequently do the trains run, and do they cause a lot of pollution/noise?

Default they're buried by Avery

They emerge for a small period on the otherside of the Rushmore, until the next building covers them further south - I think.

Don't think noise will be an issue for you IMHO. In fact, that area seems quieter than most of New York, fewer ambulance and fire sirens in the middle of the night. My criticism is actually that maybe its *too* quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by averygoodboy View Post
    Does anyone know more about this? Are the tracks going to be buried? How frequently do the trains run, and do they cause a lot of pollution/noise?
    I currently live at 220 Riverside on the Third Floor. The train line is the first sub level of the building. (I believe the same in the Avery, you can see the tunnel going into rushmore if you visit the site) It is not a problem. On a rare occasion you hear a faint train horn blowing in your apartment. I mean really faint, a bird chirping outside your window is louder than the train. I never realized how far away the subway station is. You have public busses on 68th and Riverside (M72) and on 65th and West end (M66 & M57). The M72 & M57 will get you to the express subway in less than 5 minutes. The M66 will bring you to the local in 2 stops. It would be nice if the extend the M66 to RSB once the streets are open. We should all call MTA and request it.

Quote Originally Posted by ckucic View Post
    Is penmark a problem? What amendment is the Avery on? the last one I got was the sixth.
    I believe the latest is the 8th amendment, and the shuttle service is supposed to appear in the 9th amendment. No sign of the 9th yet, though.

And now I'm hearing that the shuttle service will not appear in the offering plan but is still in the works.

ahhh ... promises, promises ^^^

caveat emptor

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast