Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 122 Greenwich Avenue - One Jackson Square - by Kohn Pedersen Fox

Should be taller. Hate the blank brick wall. Footprint too big.

Still, a bit better than average: high mediocre.

I like it. The tower part is weak though. The design would benefit from either removing the tower or making it taller. We need something taller on the site of the bodega really soon.

Is the corner bodega in the historic district? If so, I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to preserve it....just to block any new tower. It's been done before.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Yes, the blank wall is annoying but at least it will potentially be covered up by another building.

What bugs me most is the brown color.

Couldn't they choose another color?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Thanks. They could atleast put an image of the building on their website.

I think this is a very nice building. I especially enjoy this northeasterly view that juxtaposes the modern, undulating, glass facade with one of my favorite New York buildings at the northeast corner of 8th Ave and 14 st. This building goes a long way in fulfilling the incredible potential of what is currently the ugliest open space in the West Village (although 7th Avenue around St. Vincents comes close).

Sure the brick wall is awful but it will be covered up at some point. It may take 20 years, but it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lbjefferies View Post
    Sure the brick wall is awful but it will be covered up at some point. It may take 20 years, but it'll happen.
    Patience.

All things come to him who waits.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

The site from high above.

Default One Jackson Square website now live

Everyone, the site is now live, check it:
    http://onejacksonsquare.com
    The renderings are sharp and the views of how the bldg will fit into the context of the block and area are pretty cool.

I think they did a great job of using an odd shaped lot and designing something that is unique yet tasteful

Has this one started yet?

^^^ YEP

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
    The site from high above.

It's a shame that the crap on 14th St. which contains run-down delis and newsstands wasn't incorporated into this project.

Post Great Glass: 122 Greenwich

The architectural design is very attractive; and from what I see of the floor plan the overall flow and proportions of interior spaces were well thought out.
    The floor-to-ceiling glass will be great for views and light: but that glass wiil need a good good NRC (thick glass) - that is a very noisy intersection.

Default 8th & 14th corner rumour

A rumour has circulated in the area that HINES DEVELOPMENT (erecting One Jackson Square) has now bought out the North Village Deli building on the southwest corner of 8th & 14th. They also bought the adjoining property - the small building immediately to the west of the deli housing a liquore store and a smaller deli. Both properties have long been controlled by one family (I believe the NV deli owners) who have stubbornly turned down every lucrative offer put on the table in the past. Until now.

So to the complaints of the ugly blank north wall of One Jackson Square - it may not be blank in a few years. One can only speculate the Hines will continue to develop this corner, possibly continuing the design of OJS?

Anyone know of a link to determine F.A.R. on this corner? I'm curious how tall this corner is zoned for. The combined two building lots will definitley allow a taller structure (from my assumption).

Quote Originally Posted by modlv View Post
    A rumour has circulated in the area that HINES DEVELOPMENT (erecting One Jackson Square) has now bought out the North Village Deli building on the southwest corner of 8th & 14th. They also bought the adjoining property....
    Please let this be true. These filthy, disgusting buildings detracted from this project, and they were appropriate when these area was a drug infested war zone. They don't fit in anymore, and neither do the cheap bodegas and liquor stores that they house.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast