Thread: Clueless

Talking Clueless

I am so thrilled I found this site while doing some research on New York. My husband and I are moving to NYC from New Orleans in April/May. We are cluless! I have ALWAYS wanted to live in New York short term to experience the city. My husband has been recruited by 4 different companies in New York with a salary range of 120,000 - 132,000 a year. I estimate myself to make between 40,000 - 60,000 a year. This seems like a lot of money to us here in Louisiana but can't quite grasp what that means in New York dollars. Aslo, we both have cars, I have a Chevy Tahoe and my husband has a small sports car. What do people do with their cars in New York City? I am concerned with bringing them because it seems most people rely on public transportation there. Should we sell our cars?? Also, we want to live in the city but want a nice place to live close to everything, any suggestions on where we might could live on our salary range? Also, can someone explain to me with the fees are on these apartments? A few apartments that we liked had fees in excess of 9,000 dollars. We do plan to make a visit prior to moving to find an apartment but want to be educated before doing so. I would certainly appreciate any advice you guys might have! So far our knowledge of the city comes from what we have seen on Seinfeld and Sex In The City.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Check out this thread.