Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 20 East 53rd St - Mixed-use

Default 20 East 53rd Street

I heard SLCE is doing this one now...has anyone seen a rendering yet? Any photos of the site?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpark View Post
    "510 Madison-22 East 53rd" is demolished,
    the only building that Macklowe has left to emolished is 14 East 53rd,
    and i heard that they will be is demolisheng it also, but they are in the midst of buying out the retail tenant-the Deli.
    the deal is done, HARRY MACKLOWE has cleard way to demolish the last Building-Parcell for this development site,
    the restaurant-Deli "DERBY'S" which was the Retail tenant at 14 East 53rd Street is CLOSED there is a sign on its window saying "as of December 29th we will ba closing..."
    good luck Harry

Forum Veteran

Construction to start April of 2007, they are looking for CM now

With only 350,000 sq. ft. of office, I'm envisioning something quite a bit shorter than the 50 story 650' res/hotel plan.

The Dude Abides

Derby's is ready to go down:

Default 14 E 53rd St [ 510 Mad. Av. ]

I work with a guy who lives at 14 e 53 and he has just settled with the developer. He and the other three remaining apartment tenants agreed to move out within two weeks. I believe the actual last day is Feb. 27. Does anyone know if there is a picture of the proposed building on any web link?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pagh View Post
    I work with a guy who lives at 14 e 53 and he has just settled with the developer. He and the other three remaining apartment tenants agreed to move out within two weeks. I believe the actual last day is Feb. 27. Does anyone know if there is a picture of the proposed building on any web link?
    I walk by the site today a worker told me they are taking down 14 E 53rd next week,Tuesday and Tishman is the construction company also said the building should be about 38 to 40 floors about 425,000 square feet with retail space at the ground level maybe another bank.

Not bad, sounds like another 500+ footer.

I Am Going To Be Sick. The Pos That Will Rise At 510 Madison Is Posted On Macklowe's Website. I Cannot Believe That This Philistine Razed Beautiful Buildings For This Pos!!!!!

I Really Hope That This Building Is A Failure!!!
    Last edited by londonlawyer; March 9th, 2007 at 02:08 AM.

^I will join you. There is no excuse for the lack of creativity. A world class site on Madison and 53rd, where he will get rents easily in excess of $100 a square foot, and he can't put any money into the design? This is ridiculous. A shiny box, to join the other hundreds already in this city.

Also under residential, "10 United Nations Plaza" is confirmed to be designed by Renzo Piano.

Thumbs down

What a letdown.

He has a fantastic site in the heart of Midtown and plans to plop down a mediocre, bloated, glass box.

What a disappointment --- he's going to be making a huge amount of money renting out those floors, the least he could do is spend a little more cash on design.

Quote Originally Posted by macreator View Post
    What a letdown.

He has a fantastic site in the heart of Midtown and plans to plop down a mediocre, bloated, glass box.

What a disappointment --- he's going to be making a huge amount of money renting out those floors....
    Not necessarily. A lot of space will be coming onto the market in the next few years, and people won't pay top dollar for space in a crappy building lie 510 Madison. He could be shooting himself in the foot. His re-skin at 430 Madison is an utter failure. There was an article somewhere recently that it is the only building that could not fill up in this booming market. I hope that this building is a failure.

The POS that Macklowe is building doesn't even have nice glass. It could not be worse!!!
    Last edited by londonlawyer; March 9th, 2007 at 07:26 AM.

Here are some screencaps of the renderings:

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Thumbs down

Major yawn!

To think this was a 50 story nearly 700' tower before. There's nothing positive to say about this design...it better be going for a Platinum LEED certification.