Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 499

Thread: 55 West 46th St - International Gem Tower - by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman11686
    Okay, I walked by the site this morning. Demoltion has already started on the buildings east of the Burger King. On the second floor of the Burger King building, there is a sign saying, "Coming Soon - Lily's Fashion Wear." The property to the west of that is actually not a completely empty lot. It seems the building was already demolished but the bare bones of the structure are still left intact.
    yess but Gary owns that lot

  2. #62
    The Dude Abides
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NYC - Financial District
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    I know, Jeff, you've said that already. All I was saying was that I had previously thought that lot to be completely vacant. When I walked by it this morning, there was still some structural steel intact.

  3. #63
    Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in Limbo
    Posts
    8,976

    Default

    I hope buying or using eminent domain to acquire the site won't take too long. I'd hate to see empty lots on those streets sit for any amount of time.

  4. #64
    Disgruntled Optimist lofter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC - Downtown
    Posts
    32,654

    Default

    If they try to go down the Eminent Domain road it won't be quick ...

  5. #65

    Default

    Demolition has started on the 46th St. side. Also, the empty lot with the metal framing just west of the BK is owned by Gershon. There's a huge sign on the metal framing that says: "Extell." My guess is that he owns the BK building and is simply in court with the tenants.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer
    Demolition has started on the 46th St. side. Also, the empty lot with the metal framing just west of the BK is owned by Gershon. There's a huge sign on the metal framing that says: "Extell." My guess is that he owns the BK building and is simply in court with the tenants.
    if you would take time to READ THIS FOURM you would see that i have
    alloway written on this

    this is from one of my prier posts
    "The lots on 46th street are that are part of the development
    “47, “49, “51, and “53.

    “55” has the Burger King and Gary Barnett does NOT own this site so I am not sure if this will be part of the development

    “57” the last lot towards 6th Avenue which is vacant allowedly-demolished, and just land Barnett owns it but if he can’t by “55” he will not be able to use this site “57” "

  7. #67

    Default

    jeffpark, is English your first language?

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpark
    if you would take time to READ THIS FOURM you would see that i have
    alloway written on this

    this is from one of my prier posts
    "The lots on 46th street are that are part of the development
    “47, “49, “51, and “53.

    “55” has the Burger King and Gary Barnett does NOT own this site so I am not sure if this will be part of the development

    “57” the last lot towards 6th Avenue which is vacant allowedly-demolished, and just land Barnett owns it but if he can’t by “55” he will not be able to use this site “57” "
    THANKS FOR THE SARCASTIC NOTE, JEFFPARK. HOWEVER, I READ YOUR POSTS FOR COMIC VALUE ONLY AND IGNORE THE "SUBSTANCE." YOUR POSTS ARE QUITE FUNNY THOUGH, and, therefore, I DeRiVe MuCh pLEAsuRe fRom readING tHeM!
    Last edited by londonlawyer; June 19th, 2006 at 06:37 AM.

  9. #69

    Default

    ^^^But hey, ya gotta luv him... he´s on a first name basis with everyone.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    ^^^But hey, ya gotta luv him... he´s on a first name basis with everyone.
    I agree. However, as one of many examples, it took me some time to realize that Billy M. is William Macklowe. Nonetheless, JeffPark is one of my favorite people on the forum because he is VERY funny.

  11. #71

    Default

    William Macklowe?

    He let´s me call him "Bunny".

  12. #72

    Default

    I'm envious. But isn't his named supposed to be written as follows: BUNNY?

  13. #73

    Default

    I am sorry bet can we not get off topic.

  14. #74

    Default

    I bet we do.

  15. #75
    Chief Antagonist Ninjahedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    12,773

    Default

    I bet weedoo once myself.

    Wontdo that again.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Perry West - 173/176 Perry Street @ West Street - by Richard Meier
    By Edward in forum New York Skyscrapers and Architecture
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: December 26th, 2010, 09:52 AM
  2. 383 Madison Avenue - former Bear Stearns Building - by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
    By Derek2k3 in forum New York Skyscrapers and Architecture
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: September 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM
  3. A triplex in Trump International for sale
    By noharmony in forum New York Real Estate
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 18th, 2005, 08:49 AM
  4. Director's Guild of America Tower -110 West 57th Street
    By londonlawyer in forum New York Real Estate
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 18th, 2003, 11:37 AM
  5. Special Issues for Merrill, the Landlord
    By Edward in forum New York Real Estate
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2002, 12:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software