Thread: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Default Sao Paulo, Brazil

I LOVE Sao Paulo! Amazing restaurants, shopping, nightlife, culture, you name it.

You get around. Nice of you to share your pics with us.

I'm so pleased that you enjoy the pictures. Since you like them I will post some more from Rio.

Default Sao Paulo

I recently read this article about that "mega-city" and it had some mention of NYC related to similar downturns in the crime rates in both of the cities.

http://www.wilsoncenter.org/index.cf...ssay_id=286559

I would like to travel into Mexico, Central and South America sometime sooner then later.

JZ
    http://smart-city.re-configure.org

If you get to Sao Paulo, stay in the Jardins neighborhood- close to the major sites and full of restaurants and shops.
    I was tremendously impressed by the vibrancy and bustle of Sao Paulo. The food is out of this world no matter what you are looking for since Paulistas eat out a LOT and you can expect eateries and clubs decorated very stylishly on a level with any in Europe or New York.
    The people are chic and gorgeous.

One of the links posted by J_Z mentions the transmogrification of some of Sao Paulo's shantytowns into respectable neighborhoods with durable houses and improved infrastructure.

I'm interested in this phenomenon; I'm willing to bet it produces better urban planning than zoning could deliver.

Do you have any photos of such a place, or do you have some names for me to google?

Sorry ablarc. I covered a lot of ground in the central zones but didn't see any such neighborhoods; they are probably situated more peripherally? A 40 minute taxi ride brought me to a nightclub that was pretty far from Jardins and the center, but it wasn't shantytown in appearance. The city is so unbelievably gigantic that I barely made a scratch in 5 days.

It's beautiful. Brazil is a wonderful country!