Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Riverhouse - 1 River Terrace - BPC - by Polshek Partnership with Ismael Leyva

Lofter I think we may cross paths one day...
    Last edited by Tectonic; March 24th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

Very likely ^^^

I'm surprised that over all these months Ive not run into another camera-toting wny-er during my adventures ...

Default Riverhouse occupancy

I understand this building is close to getting its building TCO and will start closing individual units towards the end of the month.

First, I am a buyer in the building and wanted to see if others were on this board and if they had heard the same.

Second, does anyone know of a way to find out who has bought the units with terraces? For a new development, is there a filing of contracts at some point so if I know the terrace apartment numbers, I can find out who has signed the contract? By same great coincidence, does anyone out there know a buyer of a terrace unit?

Third, I am not that happy with some changes from plan to final product that are happening. Does anyone know a good residential real estate lawyer who can advise on options related to the closing?

Thank you!

Regarding finding out who bought what units ...

Try the www.nyc.gov Department of Finance page, where you need to wade through some links to find recorded documents.

Try ACRIS there and then search property records. You'll need to know the "Block / Lot" number for your building (if no where else you can get that from the Department of Buildings webpage for the building).

For individual condo info I think you will have to enter the precise unit number for the corresponding information to come up.

Default plan changes

Lorenzonyc, what kind of changes are you seeing from the plan?

Like being a brick & glass pit, though not in a bad way. Note the first flowers springing up on the Teardrop Park hill in the foreground.

Not sure about the weird metal encasing the crown of Riverhouse.

I could be mistaken, but I am sure I read somewhere that the metal casing on top was going to act as a 'heliotrope' in that it would track the sun and reflect it down to the park below. I am not sure that the northern side will get as much sun, especially during winter, but it could be nice during summer if it actually works out.

I was looking at the NY DOB website trying to figure out what is happening with the TCO. Its a tough website to understand. Here is the link - can anyone help interpret whether they have a TCO or not?

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/CO...uestid=0&t10=y

The "heliotrope" / reflecting discs are actually near the top on the south side of the building at the left (across the street and just north of the Riverhouse).

The discs have not yet been "aimed" in a way that will cause the light to shine on the garden area below. In the center of the pic above you can see the round reflections from the discs on the facade of the Riverhouse. The discs are visible at right center (behind the steetlamp) in the pic below ...

Forum Veteran

Default BPC going Hollywood!

DiCaprio Buys Eco-Friendly Condo on Hudson

NEW YORK (AP) -- Environment-conscious actor Leonardo DiCaprio is as good as his word. He's purchased an apartment in Riverhouse, an eco-friendly building overlooking the Hudson River in Manhattan.

The purchase was confirmed on Friday by Christopher Daly, president of Sheldrake Organization, the developer of the Battery Park City complex. Occupancy is slated for this summer.

The 264-unit condominium glass tower overlooks the river and a park, and boasts low emission paints, 24-hour fresh filtered air system, water treatment facility, and rotating solar panels.

DiCaprio seemingly also will have everything at his fingertips. The David Rockwell-designed high-rise features an indoor 50-foot lap pool, media cafe, fitness center, landscaped terrace -- and dog spa.

An e-mail sent to his publicist was not immediately returned.

I thought I had read about him buying somewhere in meat-packing district (the building with the cars that go up to the apartment in the car elevator) but it sounds like his agent has confirmed the purchase.

I have gone through the latest amendment to the building, and it walks through all the combined units. There are two on the penthouse floor (32nd) that have been combined that look fantastic, as well as one on the 16th floor with a combined terrace. I presume he buys a nice apartment...

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Well, if he (DiCaprio) was green-oriented as they said, then that Highline project couldn't be what he was looking for because of that parking feature you mentioned.

Default Riverhouse broadband provider?

Does anyone know if Verizon's FIOS will be offered in this project?

Thanks,
    C

Angry Closings

Riverhouse got their TCO on April 25 for 4,5,6 floor. Call the Sales Office or the developer's attorney to schedule your closing.

If you wait for communication from Sheldrake, the developer - it will be Fall before you know it,

Red face Riverhouse cable Internet provider

There is no FIOS. Currently there is only RCN for cable and internet.

They were trying to get Time Warner - but no luck so far.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast