Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodbury or Jersey gardens ???

Default Woodbury or Jersey gardens ???

Hi,
    I comme to NYC at the end of month and i don't know if I should go to Woodburry or Jersey gardens????
    I'm french and i'm 23, i search for sportswear and streetwear.
    Witch 's the best Woodburry or Jersey gardens???
    Thank you,
    Last edited by drikc_80; September 14th, 2005 at 02:50 AM.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by drikc_80
    Hi,
    I comme to NYC at the end of month and i don't know if I should go to Woodburry or Jersey gardens????
    Thank you,
    Not sure about Jersey Gardens (I think it's like a mall-type development with mid-range stores), but Woodbury is really nice...mountain setting, like a little village. Many hi-end retailers...Gucci, Fendi, etc.

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7

http://www.jerseygardens.com/

Not sure how you're getting there, but here's a bus...
    http://www.nyctourist.com/info_woodburycommon.htm

I've been to the Jersey Gardens and it is like a mall basically. No huge bargains either. I grew up near the Commons and honestly, to this day, I cannot understand the fascination with this place. There are no huge bargains, lots of "seconds" on items, etc. Plus the bus there and back is ridiculous. This used to be the same bus route I had to take to visit my parents when I didn't have a car. It was ridiculously crowded, people are freakin' rude, they want to keep their packages in the seat next to them, so others cannot even sit down. My piece of advice is to just stay in the city and shop. By the time you pay to get to these destinations, that averages out what little you MIGHT save anyways, and it just isn't worth the aggravation IMHO.

Forum Veteran

The deal with Woodbury is that if you were in the market for a $500 sweater, you could get it for $300 or so. A deal, relatively speaking.

Why limit the choices to Woodbury and Jersey Gardens? They aren't even remotely similar and there is better shopping out there than either.

Quote Originally Posted by billyblancoNYC
    The deal with Woodbury is that if you were in the market for a $500 sweater, you could get it for $300 or so. A deal, relatively speaking.
    To me that isn't a deal. I'll stick with places like Old Navy .

Hi,
    thanks for yours answers but i don'know where i should go because you speak about other mall but if you could to tell me the name and direction of the better.....
    I'm only in NYC for 3 or 4 days and i keep one day for shoppingout of NYC, Woodbury, Jersey gardens or ........?
    With yours reply i think that woodbury is better?
    Thanks

Woodbury is better. Garden State Plaza in Paramus is good too, and closer.

Jersey Gardens is better as well as Garden State Plaza becasue there closer and indoors. Woodbury is outdoors and if you get caught in the rain or snow there, it's miserable. I've been to all three and yea while Woodbury is nice, it's to big and how muich you enjoy it is limited to the weather. Also Woodbury is too damm far to get to by car or bus, believe me I've done it both ways. Jersey Gardens has a bus that will also take you to Ikea and is much much closer as well and the mall is clean and has a huge foodcourt and great shops as well. Garden State Plaza is an awesome crowded mall. It's the big hangout for the suburban kids of the area but has great stores as well. Trust me I'm from Jersey we invented the freggin mall lol.

Default Woodbury Common

Is this place worth visiting?

Forum Veteran

If you are into shopping, yes. It has lots of stores, in an outdoor setting. You could literally be there for a day and not see everything. It has its own Starbucks. I took my ex-girlfriend there once and I regretted it - she was a shop-aholic.

Is it a lot cheaper than the stores on 5th

Default Woodbury or Jersey gardens ???

Hi,
    Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Lograph
    Hi,
    Thank you,
    Lograph - you can't really compare the two.

Woodbury Commons outlets in Harrison, NY are much more upscale (more expensive) than Jersey Gardens.

Where you want to go depends on how much money you want to spend.

PS. Unless you mean Woodbridge, NJ.

I'd say in terms of expensive-to-cheap it's Woodbury, then Woodbridge, then Jersey Gardens.

Neither. Both of these outlet places offer few choices, huge lines of mostly tourists that don't know where to shop and spend a lot of time and money hoping to save something. I've lived in this city for 11 years and can tell you that you'll do much better at a regular shopping mall. Do this:

Take a Path train from Midtown Manhattan to Pavonia Newport (13 min ride, costs 1.5 dollars each way) and go to Newport Centre Mall. It's on the other side of Hudson river in New Jersey so you pay no sales tax and there are many good stores in that mall. It has 3 major department stores (Macy's, JC Penny and Sears) and lots of smaller stores. You can also take a 6-7 minut walk to a huge Target store which is also in Jersey City where you can save even more on household and home related items as well as electronics.

http://www.simon.com/MALL/mall_info.aspx?ID=114

http://www.panynj.gov/path/pathmaplinks2.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast