Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 301 Forty Sixth - 301 West 46th Street at 8th Avenue - by Fegan / Berg / Architects

Is there anyone that still passes this place regular (301 w 46th)?

I was by there fairly recently. The parking lot on 46th is back in full swing, loaded up with vehicles. The lot at 741 Eighth where the building came down last year has a carpet of rubble and is enclosed by a fence.

The only action at DOB for 301 W 46 / 733-739 Eighth is a renewal of a previous construction permit (Russo Wrecking) for interior work. The DEMO Permit has not yet been filed.

Thanks for that. Then the building is still standing. Now, I just need to find someone that is passing it sometime with a camera...

It still looks pretty much like it did here, a little over a year ago:

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post

Yes. I am looking for some specific photos though before it is flattened.
    I own a missing/unidentified persons website and am working the case of a body that was found interred in concrete in the basement in 2003.
    If anyone passes the place, it would be great if you could let me know.

Hmmmm ... Whose body?

Starting in 1965 this building at 301 West 46th was the location of "Steve Paul's The Scene" -- a very happening rock & roll club (aka a "groovy discotheque") ...

It was one of Jimi Hendrix's favorite joints ...

Woke Up This Morning and Found Myself Dead is a posthumous live album by Jimi Hendrix released in Canada 1980 by Stony Plain Recording Co. and in the USA by Red Lightnin' Records. The album documents Hendrix's jam session (which he recorded himself on his portable reel to reel machine that he had brought with him) at The Scene club, 301 West 46th Street, New York City in March 1968, with guest vocals from Jim Morrison (that consist almost entirely of drunkenly shouted obscenities).
    LISTEN to Jimi and Jim at The Scene

The Doors played The Scene in the summer of 1967, as "Light My Fire" hit the top of the charts ...

From oedipusphinx at Flickr

The Scene is where Tiny Tim was discovered and where some scenes for the rockumentary "You Are What You Eat" were filmed (don't miss a chance to hear TT's classic version of "I've Got You Babe") ...

Many others played there ...

© The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts / Artists Rights Society (ARS),
    New York / DACS, London 2009

She's unidentified.
    http://www.myspace.com/midtownjanedoe
    Hendrix actually had a recording studio in that building...

I lived there in 1988, and i believe the the superintendent who didnt speak english was the person who killed her! He was a very mean and anger man.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Demo signs ("A. RUSSO WRECKING - Demolition Contractor") have gone up on the Sidewalk Shed here (however, DOB shows that no DEMO Permit has yet been filed).

It's sad -- this one could be gem if re-used and incorporated into a new building ...

Only in schmucky NY could this beautiful building be razed and replaced with this POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Yes. I am looking for some specific photos though before it is flattened.
    I own a missing/unidentified persons website and am working the case of a body that was found interred in concrete in the basement in 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    She's unidentified.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericaduvall View Post
    I lived there in 1988, and i believe the the superintendent who didnt speak english was the person who killed her! He was a very mean and anger man.
    Mystery solved?

Quote Originally Posted by ericaduvall View Post
    This post is me is 'entirely credible' ; and as such is a just amazing. Anyway, thanks for solving that 'crime story' for us all: any additional news items on that story would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by infoshare View Post
    This post is me is 'entirely credible' ; and as such is a just amazing. Anyway, thanks for solving that 'crime story' for us all: any additional news items on that story would be greatly appreciated.
    PILGRIM if you need to contact me im at ericaduvall@yahoo.com i still have my New York state ID with the 301 W 46th st address. I doont know if the crime is SOLVED,but the police believe she was murdered in 1988 wheni lived on the top floor.

ericduvall: Has anyone from the NYPD ever contacted you or talked to you about the incident?

Lofter1 ,no i haven't contacted anyone from NYPD, and i am planning on contacting them when i get into the city next month! Why does INFOSHARE write such mean spirited comments?? Its not necessary.

If you don't get an answer here then you might try a PM to get your question answered directly.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast