Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ID cards are coming to America

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    Never respond seriously to a joke.
    Are you kidding?

Britain: give it a few more years, Nick, and it sounds like you'll be living in heaven on earth.

Perhaps already there?

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    Britain: give it a few more years, Nick, and it sounds like you'll be living in heaven on earth.

Perhaps already there?
    No country will ever be perfect and every society constantly needs to adapt to changing circumstances, wiht that said I'd say that Britain's situation is pretty good in relation to many other countries.

Never respond seriously to a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge
    Are you kidding?
    No...I'm serious.

"No country will ever be perfect and every society constantly needs to adapt to changing circumstances, wiht that said I'd say that Britain's situation is pretty good in relation to many other countries."

Well if that´s so, could you explain for us why so many people are leaving?

Fabrizio - Like I explained in post #28 - more people are coming in though and those that are leaving aren't telling all the story (ie a large chunk not being Brits - were foreign students and including gap year students, etc).

No...I'm serious.
    Surely you must be joking.

It's an entirely different kind of ID, alltogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    "No country will ever be perfect and every society constantly needs to adapt to changing circumstances, wiht that said I'd say that Britain's situation is pretty good in relation to many other countries."

Well if that´s so, could you explain for us why so many people are leaving?

...or want to leave?

83 percent of Britons want to leave the UK

http://www.emigratenz.org/bye-bye-blighty.html

http://www.management-issues.com/dis...search&id=1322

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?s...nt_to_emigrate

Wow! Those articles are eye-openers. England's like a revolving door: foreigners in, Brits out. Fascinating.

I wonder if their ID cards will be valid in other countries.

Only if they're encoded with the right DNA samples.

ID's are nonsence. we should not be required to carry id's.

Swedish ID cards are - valid in all Nordic countries (part of the freedom of movement we've had for decades). And the new EU-adapted ones planned will make passports unescesary(sp?) throught Schengen./skipped most of the thread...

Swedish ID cards are - valid in all Nordic countries (part of the freedom of movement we've had for decades). And the new EU-adapted ones planned will make passports unescesary(sp?) throught Schengen./skipped most of the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Swede
    Do your Swedish ID cards also have compulsory biometric data which you are forced (literally) to give, do they contain RFID tags which can be read covertly and are they also linked to mulitple government databases which are the REAL power behind such cards?

Do Swedish ID cards require £60 billion spent on the largest IT project ever attempted, anywhere in the world?

Does the Swedish Government use ID cards as a stealth tax? i.e. each time your ID card is checked does your Government charge?

see:-
    http://www.itweek.co.uk/itweek/news/...id-card-checks

On a previous thread about the congestion charge in London, some people here thought it would be a good idea for Manhattan; I cautioned against this and put it in the context of ID cards and the database state for which I was ridiculed in some quaters. However, already ID cards and their databases are being considered in support of congestion schemes in the UK. In a clear case of "mission creep" the home office is examining how drivers can be identified using this tech.

A Home Office spokesman said the national identity register being introduced to back up planned ID cards would help with roadside number plate recognition. (Observer newspaper)

The UK opted out of the Schengen agreement due to its innate anti-European and traditional zenophobia. 21 out of 25 EU member states have ID cards although not all are compulsory. It is notable that those European countries with compulsory ID card schemes actually adopted them during periods of dictatorship.

For anyone in America who thinks they have nothing to fear from government imposing ID cards and the database state and that your government has your interests at heart consider this article :-

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70619-0.html

Sadly, this already happens here in the UK but this quote from AT&T is particularly chilling:- "AT&T follows all laws following requests for assistance from government authorities."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast