Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace J.B. Hehman (TLOZ Link5)

Banned Member

JB is fondly remembered today. I hope he and his mom continue their journey in a world of peace and wonderful architecture (he'd want that).

I've been away from this community for a while, and it seems, for far too long.

I'm just now hearing about the news of TLOZ's death and am frustrated and saddened.

From my time here I saw him as a respectful source of knowledge, and I'll miss that.

I can only offer my condolences to family and friends.

R.I.P TLOZ.

JB is remembered on Wikipedia. I would like to thank whoever added this wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wired_New_York

My God. I didn't even know this was TLOZ. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can still remember hearing this stroy on the news. Just horrible what hate can do to people. So sad..

Quote Originally Posted by Stern

TomAuch, I believe. Nice.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9018

Banned Member

With the memorial project behind us, I can say that JB had a profound effect on me. I still think of him each time I pass someone asking for money. With that thought, I always give something.

Default JB Requiem

I have come late to this post,as I have in many,making my ideas into words only after digesting the substance of the subject.
    For as long as I've posted on The WNY Forum,I've enjoyed the TLOZ posts.They were insightful,well written and always informative.They will be missed,as will the man that crafted them.

I was surprised at his relative youth--he was really wise beyond his years,and I am saddened that such a brilliant light was not allowed to grow and become even brighter.
    Condolences to his relatives and friends.He must have been one of those people who was just a pleasure to know.And condolences to all those on this Board,for we will now have to move on,diminished somewhat by the absence of a valued and respected member who has been brutally snatched from our community.

I will be glad to contribute to his memorial,although I'll probably never visit it due to it's North Manhattan location...

And to the slimey pack of slugs who drove JB to his death...Ah,forget it.My thoughts about those sub-par bundles of carbon gone wrong would just set off a chitstorm and get me banished from here,and I don't want that...

Banned Member

NY Restoration Project has kept the JB Hehman Memorial Fund open for donations. You can Make check payable to "NY Restoration Project" and note "Hehman Memorial Fund". It can be sent to NY Restoration Project, 254 West 31st Street, 10th Floor, NY, NY 10001. The best response to ugly, destructive behavior is to create something beautiful and inviting inspite of it. This fund will continue to do work in JB's memory.

As for your feelings about the perpetrators, it is natural to be angry and an opinion won't get you banned to the best of my knowledge. Our project has had wonderful repercussions including offering JB's family a lovely garden spot to remember him on his 21st birthday. If you keep bringing yourself to the fact that his last willful act was giving a dollar to a person in a wheelchair, it's hard not to let that kind of spirit move you to a more compassionate place - regardless of how heartless, cowardly and incredibly stupid the attack on JB was.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern

Yeah that is too awesome.

Default yes

Hi,

My name is Patrick... I was a very good friend of JB's, he was actually on his way to see me when this all happened. It has been nice reading this forum...someone had mentioned being able to put JB's writings on a CD.. is that possible. How would it be done? As you know he was a brilliant guy and a great writer... I know I for one would love to have something like that. I'm sure his family would as well.

I can't believe it has been 3 months since this all happened. It still feels like it was last week. JB was one of the most wonderful people I've ever known.
    Last edited by patreek; July 15th, 2006 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patreek
    ...someone had mentioned being able to put JB's writings on a CD...I for one would love to have something like that. I'm sure his family would as well.
    Hi, Patrick. CD may come later. Meanwhile you can find his name in the members list and click on "Find all posts by TLOZ Link5."

I can't believe it has been 3 months since this all happened. It still feels like it was last week. JB was one of the most wonderful people I've ever known.
    Yeah. He lives on in his posts, among other places. Read through most threads and you encounter him.

Sad, however, that the skunks who did this will get off almost scot free.

someone had mentioned being able to put JB's writings on a CD.. is that possible. How would it be done? As you know he was a brilliant guy and a great writer... I know I for one would love to have something like that. I'm sure his family would as well.
    Patreek, I am that "someone." There is no CD containing all of JB's WNY postings, but a group of WNY members read all of them and put together a collection of those that they believe are the most memorable. I think that some members of JB's family have seen that document. If you would like to receive a copy, please PM me and include an email address to which I can send it.

Banned Member

I met JB's Dad and sister last week and they both expressed their gratitude for the work of this forum.

I used to post on here regularly several years ago, but haven't in a long while. So imagine my horror to read this horribly sad news about J.B. I remember his moniker well and the uncanny intelligence of his posts; as we all know, he was wise beyond his years. I'm not sure if his family reads these threads anymore, but my heart goes out to them. After all this time of not visiting Wired New York, TLOZ was one of the few handles I did remember. And I was happy to see that TLOZ's great quotation "be to its virtues..." which is now hanging in the park, was extracted from a thread that I started.

Now, to let off something of my chest that has been bothering me all day. And I hope not to bring a negative and hateful vibe around what I think is a positive thread dedicated to J.B.'s memory, but the image in my mind of these hooligans laughing after J.B.'s murder disturbs me to no end. I keep reading that these evil boys are probably going to be let off the hook (I could be wrong), and I can't help but get sick to my stomach. Does anyone else find this possibility absurd; terrifying? What's being done with them? These boys were old enough and fully cognizant to understand what they were doing. It's one thing to mug him, but it's another to revel in his violent and senseless death. That is the one despicable fact I cannot reconcile in all of this.

OK, I'm done.

Rest in Peace, J.B. You were a good soul and will be missed. You may have been only a screen name on a screen to me, but your absence is felt.
    Last edited by YesIsaidYesIwillYes; August 26th, 2006 at 02:53 AM.

^ A heartfelt message, YesIsaidYesIwillYes.

Caused me to check out the list of threads you started. You've made a distinguished contribution to Wired New York, launching some of the most interesting topics. Won't you come back and let us have some more of the pleasure of your company?

Nobody can replace TLOZ, but the forum needs a classical music lover.