Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 309 Fifth Avenue - Hotel/Condo - by Ismael Levya

The building on 57th is among a group of post-war residential buildings....quite a different environment than that stretch of 5th. No balconies... nicely proportioned windows. It's rather staid and comes across mostly like a good office building from the mid-1960's.

It does no damage.

Default Udpate

Does anybody have updates on this project?

The plan ...

A picture from this week ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	311 5th_01a.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	4300  

Thanks, on average when do the sales offices open after they have cleared the area and just begun construction?

^^^ Depends on the developer and their plan of attack. 325 Fifth sales office opened up when there was a big hole in the ground but the foundation work was not yet completed. About the same time at The Link. I would start doing research NOW, try to find out who is handling sales for the building, contact them or a broker who has a good relationship with them and can get you in PRE-opening. A certain number of units will be sold pre pre opening to the public but just after "friends and family". If you can get in there at that time this could save you 20 - 100K. The downside to this is that you probably wont be offered the most desireable unit (high floor) while they test the sales waters.

So I called Ismael Levya's office and on my third try I got thru to the 'project manager'. He was a complete idiot, he said they have a policy of not disclosing information. I don't know wtf that means. After I probed a little he said the office opens in two months. I find that hard to believe. If somebody has inside access , any info will be much appreciated. Also the official address for this building is 309 fifth avenue. FYI Ismael Levya # 212 290 1444.

You may want to see what other buildings they have built and who they used in the past as their sales and marketing firm. Contact them and start worming your way in there. I used a guy who is pretty good at Shvo Group who knew someone who was working in the sales office of the new const The Link, and they got me in pre opening to the public. Nest Seekers also is heavily involved in that game. PM me if u like.

Banned Member

Saales office generally won't open until an offering plan has been accepted by the AG.

The Dude Abides

6/23:

Quote Originally Posted by jaicmu View Post
    So I called Ismael Levya's office and on my third try I got thru to the 'project manager'. He was a complete idiot, he said they have a policy of not disclosing information. I don't know wtf that means. After I probed a little he said the office opens in two months. I find that hard to believe. If somebody has inside access , any info will be much appreciated. Also the official address for this building is 309 fifth avenue. FYI Ismael Levya # 212 290 1444.
    I'm confused, why would the architect know when the developer is going to open the sales office?

Arrow New Condo Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Stern View Post
    No information provided other than: New Condo Tower, New York, New York.

The physical space between the new structure and the buildings surrounding it is too small for any real gain in light/air; seems to be a waste unless there is some sort of FAR bonus that comes along with the set-back of the upper floors.

Also note worthy is the way the physical divide from the adjacent buildings serves as a foil to the non-contextual architectural design.

Thanks for the great graphics/news: this is good design and will be yet another one-to-follow.

Cheers
    Last edited by infoshare; August 4th, 2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo

Relationship of this building to all its neighbors is chaotic.

Produces a great dishevelment.

Anti-contextual: the building demands to be freestanding sculpture. Throws a tantrum and farts at its neighbors.

Ultimately: a rude, ugly brat.

Infoshare: thanks for the oversize type, it really gets your point across.... and in green! (for those who don't know: green is soothing).

If only EVERYONE would post that way, the forum would be so much easier and fun to read.

----

Another example of owners getting the great views of classical limestone covered buildings... while ruining the view for everyone else.

High-design contrast is wonderful, but this is a banal clash.

What bothers me the most about this building is the setback from the street wall at such a low level. Is that the developer's choice or is it required by zoning? If the street wall were maintained I don't think it would be as offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDOC View Post
    If the street wall were maintained I don't think it would be as offensive.
    That's right.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast