Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 309 Fifth Avenue - Hotel/Condo - by Ismael Levya

I think it's been like that for a while. A few sites seem to be showing some life though, like 855 6th and 823 First Avenue. Also foundation work is still ongoing for Tower 31 and 30 Park Place.

With all these sites ready to go, we'll be diving in head first for the next boom; rather than the two year wait while sites are being assembled and designs are drawn up...

A NB Permit was filed yesterday for 241 Fifth Avenue:
    http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

http://www.oda-architecture.com/
    ODA-Architecture

I look forward to this part of Fifth evolving. It's somewhat boring and unremarkable now. There are about 6 projects stalled between 23rd and 33rd along the stretch. Maybe the Museum of Sex will move forward with building a new building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	12650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mosex 7  SHoP.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	12651  

I walked by here recently and wondered if this vacant building would be redeveloped soon. There are a few other sites that look vacant including, but not limited to, the southeast corner of 5th Ave. and 30th St. Overall, however, I hope that the beautiful buildings in this area are preserved.

I'd like to see the developer acquire tbe nondescript white building just north of this site. It would be nice if they dump Leyva and building something designed by Stern which is worthy of the masterpieces in this area.

I realized that this stretch of Fifth between 23rd and 32nd seems less impressive than the rest of avenue not only because of the lack of good retail but because there are almost no sidewalk trees. Anyway this rendering has been posted on the construction fence. Looks less tacky, though I wish it were taller.

http://www.urbandp.com/projects.html

Manhattan Mixed-Use
    Developer: Urban Development Partners
    Size: 175,000 sf
    Project Cost: $90M
    Urban Development Partners is developing this ground up 150 unit multi-family rental building in the heart of Midtown. This 34 story project will offer expansive 360 degree views of Manhattan and provide a full suite of amenities. The development will also contain 16,000sf of retail at the base of the building. Estimated completion for the project is early 2013.

Previous ILA design

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Less tacky but a whole lot of boring.

Why can't we get consistent good architecture in this city anymore? It's either ugly, bad, retarded-looking or all of that .

Cause it's all about the benjamins baby.

At least we're still building densely. Most growth in other cities across the country take the form of Mcmansions and sprawl.

This tower is vastly better than the Pile of S that was planned there. I hope that Leyva's proposed monstosity around the corner on Madison is redesigned too.

That being said, this area is really emerging, and its beauty is clear. It would be nicer to see higher-end projects like the new limestone, Italian hotel up the street.

Agree with you LL. Vastly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I realized that this stretch of Fifth between 23rd and 32nd seems less impressive than the rest of avenue not only because of the lack of good retail but because there are almost no sidewalk trees.
    This gem on that stretch of 5th reminds me of Barcelona.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5th ave.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	13623

Crap. And to think I just started a new thread on this actually U/C. Sigh. Can we get a generous mod in here to mop up? Thanks!

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Send a PM to your favorite Mod.

Oh man, you're going to make me play favorites. Good call, though.

Didn't know this was happening, but there she blows! We're talking 34 stories/452 ft./169,737 sq.ft./100 units worth of SLCE goodness. And glassy to boot. Schedule A says 2 duplexes on the 33rd/34th floors. That'll be fancy. Might be tough to tell in the bottom photo, but the thing is already founded with the first basement level finished as well. I suspect this will rise quickly (as so many poured concrete structures do after foundations are done). Oh yes, this is between 31st and 32nd.

Last edited by RoldanTTLB; August 18th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.

Thread title changed: now under-constructions. And, RoldanTTLB's recent photos have been moved from the duplicate thread: which has been deleted. This will be a great project to 'follow' - thanks to all for the photos and news updates.

Looking at all those windows directly adjacent to the lot; this change in status from 'proposed' to 'under construction' is definitely not good news to for everyone. (LOL)

In NYC, few views are forever!

Fifth Avenue and 31st Street Finally Getting 35-Story Tower

by Sara Polsk

The trouble that Sunshine Developers had getting their Ismael Levya-designed 35-story condo/hotel at Fifth Avenue and 31st Street off the ground might be a warning sign to some about the perils of such a project in such a spot. Not so to Urban Development Partners, which is getting ready to begin construction on, uh, a 35-story building at Fifth Avenue and 31st Street, Crain's reveals. There's no hotel in the cards this time, just a residential tower with 165 market-rate rental units and 10,400 square feet of ground-floor/basement retail space.

Urban Development Partners is hoping to open the building in September 2013. No word yet on pricing, but project investor Multi-Employer Property Trust told Crain's a bit about the amenities: fitness center, bike storage, landscaped rooftop terrace, and nine-foot ceilings in the apartments.

35-story apt. tower slated for 5th Ave. [Crain's]

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2011/1...tory_tower.php

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast