Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quotes from TLOZ Link5 posts

I'd be happy to read through a few hundred of TLOZ's posts this weekend. I'll say 300 to start with. I don't want to commit to reading more than I can. If, however, I finish reading those 300 and still have time to read more, I'll post here again commiting myself to more.

Banned Member

Default Tloz Post Review Tasks - Update

OKay, How about you and Greenie start at the other end of the spectrum.

Greenie, you start at number 1 and end at 300.

Krulltime you pick up at 301, moving upward, and report to this thread where you leave off or plan on leaving off.

ManhattanKnight is going down from 3320 to 2800.

Schadenfrau is going down from 2799 and will report back where she leave's off is plans on leaving off.

__________________________________________________ ______________

I just want to say good night all. I has been an incredible day at WNY. Peace...

Quote Originally Posted by Merry
    Secondly, I'm more than happy to help go through TLOZ's posts if someone will tell me what to do and where to start. If there's anything else you think I could do, you only have to ask.
    I imagine you'll all be sleeping -- well, I hope -- at the moment, so I'll just start at post 1501 and let you know where I get up to tonight. I hope that doesn't conflict with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry
    I imagine you'll all be sleeping -- well, I hope -- at the moment, so I'll just start at post 1501 and let you know where I get up to tonight. I hope that doesn't conflict with anyone else.
    I got up to post 1750.

When I view TLOZ's WNY posts on my computer, they are numbered in reverse chronological order -- i.e., the oldest (from 11/13/02) is #3308 and the most recent (from 04/01/06) is #1. Is this what everyone else is seeing (or is there a user setting that I've missed that has some members seeing the posts numbered in chronological order)? My current assignment is reading posts 2800-3308; I'd like to be sure that means the earliest, not the last, 500.

Banned Member

Exclamation TLOZ Post Review Objective

I just want to restate our objective with this portion of th project. We are looking for TLOZ post that can be used for his memorial plaque. We are hoping to find something that captures words relating his relationship to the city. We believe THAT would be an appropriate memorial from the WiredNewYork community.

Keep reading - but please note the post number of any posts you think are possible for this use. Perhaps our reviewers could start to post the TLOZ post numbers and Edward or a volunteer moderator can begin creating a TLOZ MEMORIAL QUOTE thread where we can view these all side by side.

And Merry, in this forum you are no farther away than anyone else. Perhaps you burn the midight oil for us, but you are very much a part of this and your suppor has been incredibly generous.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanKnight
    When I view TLOZ's WNY posts on my computer, they are numbered in reverse chronological order -- i.e., the oldest (from 11/13/02) is #3308 and the most recent (from 04/01/06) is #1. Is this what everyone else is seeing (or is there a user setting that I've missed that has some members seeing the posts numbered in chronological order)? My current assignment is reading posts 2800-3308; I'd like to be sure that means the earliest, not the last, 500.
    Oh I am confuse about that aswell. I sarted with post# 301. LOL! Then I noticed that was a more recent post. I think I have to go way back for the real 301 post that he made. Is there a feature to make the oldest post to appear first? Or I just simply figure it out.

Banned Member

No, you are reading from the most recent backward. We have two of you reading backward and two of you reading forward. You might want to start at 2800 and read them forward from there. Make sense?

I absolutely must go now. I'll check-in when I get to my hotel in Washington DC.

Alright I got it then! Thanks for that clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    No, you are reading from the most recent backward. We have two of you reading backward and two of you reading forward. You might want to start at 2800 and read them forward from there. Make sense?
    We just need to be sure that we have a common understanding of the task -- that posts 2800-3308 (the 509 most recent) actually refers to the posts that are numbered 1-509 (if that is, in fact, the case).

Ok I just want to say that this post by TLOZ is a good candidate...

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=26

I'm having trouble viewing TLOZ's posts. I can only see the most recent 500. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    Greenie, you start at number 1 and end at 300.
    Okay, so I should start reading the 300 most recent posts TLOZ made, correct?

When you say numbers 1-300 you are actually referring to the first 300 in the reverse-chronological list of TLOZ's posts, not his posts numbers 1-300?

Sorry, I just want to make sure I'm doing my task correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    I'm having trouble viewing TLOZ's posts. I can only see the most recent 500. Am I doing something wrong?
    Did you try this link?..

All posts by TLOZ Link5

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    Okay, so I should start reading the 300 most recent posts TLOZ made, correct?

When you say numbers 1-300 you are actually referring to the first 300 in the reverse-chronological list of TLOZ's posts, not his posts numbers 1-300?

Sorry, I just want to make sure I'm doing my task correctly.
    There's definitely confusion about this. As I understand my assignment, it's to review the 500 most recently written posts, which are numbered 1-500, and that's what I'm doing this afternoon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast