Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 188 Ludlow Street - Lower East Side - by Costas Kondylis

Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    No one living in 180 Ludlow Street will be using public transportation. It's just not that type of crowd. Besides, in addition to the various subway lines are the M15 SBS bus. Those will be useful for the help.
    I know this is an old post, but I have to say it's quite odd. I assume you're not familiar with Manhattan?

Probably close to 100% of 180 Ludlow residents use public transportation. An overwhelming proportion of Manhattan residents regularly use public transportation. This is true among basically all income groups and all neighborhoods.

And 180 Ludlow is a 80-20 rental building, with mostly smaller units. There is no "help".

You're talking about 188; I was talking about 180.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

I can't say I see the ultra rich on public transit. I do see wealthy people on the 5th/Madison busses in upper East. Also I'm sure there are a lot of stealth well off people on transit.

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    I can't say I see the ultra rich on public transit. I do see wealthy people on the 5th/Madison busses in upper East. Also I'm sure there are a lot of stealth well off people on transit.
    Many ultra-rich probably take black cars most of the time, but, in case, I don't think there are many ultra-rich types on Ludlow Street. I have personally seen very wealthy celebrities on transit (subway and bus), and don't think it's uncommon, at all, even for the Park Ave/Fifth Ave/CPW/Sutton Place crowd.

LES residents are generally riding the trains and buses whether they're bringing home 500k or nothing, IMO.

Default 179 Ludlow Street

Humans To Overtake Infamous LES 'Rat Castle' From $1.65M

by Zoe Rosenberg

Images via Houzz and EV Grieve

After years of inactivity, the Lower East Side's infamous "Rat Castle" may soon be a place that two-legged creatures call home (for a change.) Early evidence of the construction thrust at the site after years of inactivity came with the spring installation of the building's balconies. Now EV Grieve has spotted sales banners on the mixed-use building. TRD has more: the development will have six floor-through condos with balconies at the front and rear ends and private elevator access. The building will also have a duplex penthouse with a double-height living area. Condos will start at $1.65 million. The half-finished building at 179 Ludlow Street has plagued the Lower East Side skyline since 2006, stifled by years of financial woes and, of course, that storied rat infestation.

'Rat Castle' condos now on the market [EVG]
    "Rat Castle" no more: sales set to launch at 179 Ludlow Street [TRD]

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2014/0..._from_165m.php

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345