Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1360

Thread: 175 Greenwich Street - WTC Tower # 3 - by Richard Rogers

Update: forms are jumping today. Did they hear me complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    That's a relief. Maybe some decade when the economy is better they'll build 3WTC to its original height without the reduction of 95 feet.
    They only removed some mechanical floors that they didn't even need and redestributed a couple of the upper floors across the width of the whole building. It has the same amount of rentable space as before. It is complete as designed.

I have to say I'm starstruck STR, it's an honor to hear from you. I've been following your original WTC models for years and they are the best on the web. How are they going by the way? I'd really like to see your finished 3D model incorporated into the 9/11 Memorial & Museum!

Anyway, I didn't know that the new 3WTC redesign has the same rentable space as before, that's a relief. In my opinion, the height of 5WTC should be indexed on that of 3WTC, so that the height difference between 3WTC and 4WTC is commensurate with that of 4WTC and 5WTC, thus continuing the spiral pattern. If they make 3WTC shorter than originally planned, I say make 5WTC that much taller! I was thinking a shorter semi-clone of 4WTC would look nice in its company, and they have a similar parallelogram footprint.

T5 is nothing more than smoke and dreams at this point. By far the least likely ever to rise. T3 was always 270 odd feet, from the spire, above T4 so there was some height to play around with. It's one of the more interesting buildings to look at so I would hope more for faithfulness in the facade finish than quibbling over a few feet of height.

Tower 5 will rise. It will probably take 15-20 years, but when there's a large chunk of space not subject to zoning requirements, you can rest assured someone will take advantage of it.

Why isn't WTC 5 subject to NYC zoning? Isn't it outside the PANYNJ controlled site?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

They made it part of WTC in order to satisfy the total square footage requirement.

I see some white columns along Greenwish st, they look pretty short though...

Perimeter columns for the lobby. They're the same height as the steel was when it started at ground level.

Second rise of western perimeter columns is up! 4 levels high!
    They look white - some sort of intumescent paint?

These latest renderings released today by the Port Authority and Durst show 175 Greenwich as a stump.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3wtc.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	16099

How ambitious.

3WTC: So much core, seemingly so little surrounding rentable space. Probably just an optical illusion.

Default Capping Off?

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    3WTC: So much core, seemingly so little surrounding rentable space. Probably just an optical illusion.
    Looks the the wooden casting forms are being removed from the central core. This must signal a halt in contruction and a gradual cap off. I believe the steel will continue to rise around the perimeter up the the 8th floor. Looks like Larry could not land any tenants. The Calatrava Transit Hub will really stand out with no high rises to block it.

They (Silverstein) have set a date a few months from now, by which, if they don't have the tenants, the building gets capped. Judging by the fact that someone instructed renders to be created and issued with the building looking like a lunch box...we can't hold out much hope. This and T2 is a depressing turn of events. If not outright embarrassing. The right incentives (LOWER RENT AND TAXES) are clearly not on the table for prospective tenants.