Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1360

Thread: 175 Greenwich Street - WTC Tower # 3 - by Richard Rogers

November 9th, 2012

Tower portion is back on the street for bid from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    Tower portion is back on the street for bid from what I hear.
    This would mean it should begin progressing shortly and that a lease has likely been signed for at least 400K SF, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
    This would mean it should begin progressing shortly and that a lease has likely been signed for at least 400K SF, correct?
    No not 'necessarily'. Putting a project out 'on the street' for bids (particularly when the drawings are only the schematic design phase) can be nothing more than putting out 'feelers' for pricing/financing purposes: it is not 'proof positive' - as you say - that a firm deal has been made for a future lease. That being said; one can take the new bidding activity as a least 'a good sign' or indicator that this tower may move ahead to the construction phase.

They are removing more of the core forms. That doesn't look too good for quick progress on this one.

Possibly to finish placing steel up to the level they plan to stop at. If that's the case then I'll remain positive that this one will continue in the near future, much like Eighth Avenue Place II in Calgary did.

I wonder if they'll make the sump a five-story retail space.

Quote Originally Posted by uakoops View Post
    They are removing more of the core forms. That doesn't look too good for quick progress on this one.
    It sounds like Sobora may not be doing the tower portion anyway and so the forms need to come out regardless (especially since no one is in place to assume the rental from Peri).

Well this certainly makes it look like the west side won't be getting any taller in the near future...

The west side, or the east? I still have high hopes for Towers 2 and 3.

I don't like 3 WTC that much, esp specially since the bracing was deleted. I'd rather see the H.Y. north tower rise first, followed by the KPF/S.L. Green tower on 42nd. Maybe, a large tenant will come along for T2, which I love, and Larray get private financing for it.

They're removing the western crane from Tower 3 in that pic. That suggests they will not be taking the steel any higher over there, despite the base having a few more stories to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
    They're removing the western crane from Tower 3 in that pic. That suggests they will not be taking the steel any higher over there, despite the base having a few more stories to go.
    So I guess the possible lease with the advert firm did not come to fruition. Hopefully, they signed on with Related for the North Tower. That lease was about 500k sf. That, together with Time Warner/and or Fox, would be a nice start for the North Tower.

Some good news on the leasing front. From http://therealdeal.com/blog/2012/12/...ease-at-3-wtc/

Larry Silverstein has received two formal offers from tenants looking for space in 3 World Trade Center, potentially allowing the developer to move ahead with the project, sources told Bloomberg News. The interested companies are Group M, an advertising and media firm, and law firm White & Case.Group M had already been in talks to secure a 550,000-square-foot section of the tower, while White & Case is in the market for roughly 500,000 square feet. With 1.1 million square feet of the 2.8 million-square-foot tower committed to tenants, Silverstein would become eligible for public funding of the project from the city, state and Port Authority of New York & New Jersey.
    The project is currently stalled at eight stories because of a deal requiring Silverstein to fill at least 400,000 square feet before building upward. If signed, the Group M and White & Case leases would let the developer continue building to 80 stories

Does he have to fully lease tower 3 before beginning tower 2? If he has two companies with interest of a half million sq ft, I wonder if he could swing one of them to anchor tower 2?