Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1360

Thread: 175 Greenwich Street - WTC Tower # 3 - by Richard Rogers

You may be right. They took down the upper portion of the crane, and is it just me, or is there a column and a crossbeam sitting higher than the rest of the perimeter?

In an earlier photo, the glass appeared very green.

Not sure about that. It looks pretty good.

Cool models of the skeleton:

PDC Group
    http://pdcgroup.com/projects/project...center-tower-3

PDC Group
    http://pdcgroup.com/projects/project...center-tower-3

The model is facing the wrong way in relation to the cityscape in that last view.

So we haven't talked about this too much here, but they built an additional pair of floors on the northeast corner and jumped the crane base out of the way of the mechanical floors. Also, it's a little tough to get photos of, but they've been finishing the building entirely from bottom to top along Cortland Way. Presumably so the entire way can be finished and opened close to Tower 4 opening. That's the reason the cladding isn't around to the east face yet.

I think this is the worst of the bunch. The others go for a elegant minimalism but Rogers always adds some structural thing that sticks out. I'm not usually a fan of it but especially not here.

Well this one USED to be my favorite BUT-the value engineering to death of this building didn't help it one bit...

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

It's still my second favorite after #4. The truth will be in the finished product.

If not for the impracticality of it, that skeleton would sure look radical with just completely clear glass over it. Like a clear GWB.

Forum Veteran

9/10/13

Sorry for the iffy quality, but cladding has begun on Church St.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2819.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	17583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2821.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	17584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2822.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	17585

What is going on with this building?

Group M signed a term-sheet with Silverstein Properties last July. That has to be finalized into a lease before construction can begin.

No news is good news.

I would not mind if Group M backs out. The bracing was the one interesting element to this box. Without it, the tower stinks. Also, the last thing we need is 2m more empty square feet of space. I believe that 1 and 4 WTC have 2m empty sf between them.

Viacom didn't move, and Citi and Credit Suisse refrained from new construction. It seems that NewsCorp is the only big potenential tenant, but with all of the empty space on 6th, they will probably get a cheap deal to stay.

Without it, the tower stinks.
    but what stinks more is an unfinished building stump...I say build it as soon as possible (before it's further value engineered).

Now that its been value-degrade..er, I mean engineered, they can take their time building WTC3 it for all I care. Let that etherial Calatrava masterpiece stand alone with very minimal obstructions; and devoid of any other motifs that quite frankly are not worthy of beign in its presence, let alone blocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    Now that its been value-degrade..er, I mean engineered, they can take their time building WTC3 it for all I care. Let that etherial Calatrava masterpiece stand alone with very minimal obstructions; and devoid of any other motifs that quite frankly are not worthy of beign in its presence, let alone blocking it.
    I hope it gets finished, but I am really just waiting for WTC 2. If that building gets value engineered then I am just going to toss my arms up yell some expletives. The whole complex is kind of a silly joke as it stands. Don't get me wrong, WTC 1 and WTC 4 are fine buildings, but the spire on WTC 1 is somewhat silly looking and WTC 4 is "plain" and small.

I still like 4 WTC, though.