Page 101 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2361

Thread: 150 Greenwich Street - WTC Tower #4 - by Fumihiko Maki

Quote Originally Posted by Vivit View Post
    'Tis good to see some glass going up on the east side.
    Holy crap, I didn't even notice that until you pointed that out.

Hey all!

Long time lurker, but thought I'd contribute as I'm finally back in NYC after last visiting 6 years ago! Took a LOT of photos of Towers 1, 4, and 7 today, but would you all recommend Imageshack or Flickr? Also, should I bother uploading them? I mean, Hoveringcheesecake uploaded some fantastic shots, but not sure if anyone cares for photos taken from a Sony DSC-H70 (it has 10X zoom, but not nearly the same as you guys with DSLRs). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoveringCheesecake View Post
    Holy crap, I didn't even notice that until you pointed that out.
    Anything for awesome photography.

Post the pictures. The more the merrier. I recommend imgur.com. It's easy and fast. The choice of nerds everywhere.

Here you go! More to be uploaded soon (or check Photobucket)

Nice closeups of the louvered panels.

I'm with Zippy: More vented sections could be great. Although once the all-glass sections start being installed higher up and reflecting the sky more then it could look great.

Quote Originally Posted by eXodius View Post
    Hey all!

Long time lurker, but thought I'd contribute as I'm finally back in NYC after last visiting 6 years ago! Took a LOT of photos of Towers 1, 4, and 7 today, but would you all recommend Imageshack or Flickr? Also, should I bother uploading them? I mean, Hoveringcheesecake uploaded some fantastic shots, but not sure if anyone cares for photos taken from a Sony DSC-H70 (it has 10X zoom, but not nearly the same as you guys with DSLRs). Thanks
    Hah. I wish I had a DSLR. I just have a 3 year old Canon point and shoot. It started to show its age on this trip, I think. Nice pictures, by the way.

The more glass goes up the less 80s it looks. Maki does ultra-modernism right. I think the contrast between the clear lobby glass and the reflective office glass will look great.

Exactly what I was just thinking. Could end up decent after all.

Hey all!

Just use Flickr, I've been using it since 2008 and it doesn't take away the photo quality like other hosting sites.

Shots from today. Once I start using something better than my iPhone as a connection (which won't be til I get back to Dallas on the 14th), these random shots should suffice

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd389/exodiusprime/

(Also was able to record about 4 minutes of positioning of the panel in these photos. Really awesome stuff! Was wondering before why I couldn't see through the glass, as it was due to some sort of backing to it which simply reflects.)

Was wondering before why I couldn't see through the glass, as it was due to some sort of backing to it which simply reflects.
    It's just the exterior glazing. Any transparency is overwhelmed by the reflection.

Nice posting – and the photo bucket ‘zoom in’ views are terrific. Graphics are the greatest eX, thanks.

This last set of close-up photos of the curtain wall really show the tight dimensional tolerences designed into each of the glass panels on the façade: and they (to my eye) seem to be installed with a greater degree of precision than is typical.

Tower 4 is looking good – as it turns out – and I think this one is going to win the “design excellence” award at the WTC site.

Given that a tower of this size will experience some movement in the framework, it must be a complicated engineering task to figure out and then design & construct the curtain wall, considering the tolerances needed to fit all those panels together so that they maintain a tight seal once the tower is complete.

Anyone know the calculated lateral movement (or whatever it might be termed) for this and other new towers at the WTC?