Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2361

Thread: 150 Greenwich Street - WTC Tower #4 - by Fumihiko Maki

1WTC carries a lot of baggage, some good and some bad.

Both make it more famous. Nothing more.

Photos I took on Christmas Day:

Great shot.

I like how the clouds appear pixelated when reflected by 4.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9861.jpg 
Views:	1607 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	18114  

The Real Deal
    April 15, 2015

Silverstein’s startup space Silver Suites expanding to 4 WTC

At least one floor of the new tower will be set aside for tech companies

By Tess Hofmann

Silverstein Properties’ temporary office concept for small and growing companies, known as Silver Suites, is slated to occupy space at 4 World Trade Center, according to president Tal Kerret.

The developer began mulling the expansion last year after experiencing high demand from media and tech companies looking for offices Downtown.

The flexible space, which is set aside for companies that are too small for traditional leases but expect to experience growth, currently occupies one floor in 7 World Trade Center, and will now take an additional 45,000 square feet — an entire floor of 4 World Trade Center. A second floor in the new building is also in the cards if demand continues to grow.

“I have a constant flow of companies coming to me and every day I have to tell them I don’t have any space,” said Kerret, noting that Silver Suites at 7 World Trade Center is 100 percent leased. Companies occupying the space range from one person startups to divisions of Fortune 500 Companies. Real estate crowdfunding company Fundrise is one of the tenants. Aorato, another tenant on the floor, was recently purchased by Microsoft for $200 million.

Two companies have committed to take space in the Silver Suites facility at 4 World Trade Center, which is under construction and is expected to be ready for occupancy by September. The 72-story tower opened in October.

All rights reserved © 2015 The Real Deal is a registered Trademark of Korangy Publishing Inc.

Associated Press
    April 30, 2015

Port Authority Marks Milestone With Meeting at Trade Center

By David Porter

NEW YORK — The view from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's new offices at 4 World Trade Center encompasses the new and the old, the real and the imagined.

To the northwest stands the gleaming 1 World Trade Center tower, a symbol of the area's renaissance. On the 9/11 memorial pavilion below lie two reflecting pools, built in the footprint of the towers that fell in the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks that killed 84 Port Authority employees among nearly 3,000 victims.

On Thursday, the Port Authority will hold its first board meeting at its new headquarters, a milestone that has been aided by a concentrated effort by the agency, through a program developed by its human resources department, to address the concerns of employees who experienced the attacks.

"For people who lived through it, moving back was going to present challenges," executive director Patrick Foye said this week. "And I think for a very small percentage, understandably, some people are still grappling with it. But I think the reaction to the building is, it's beautiful, it's well designed and it's in an incredibly exciting part of town."

The last board meeting at the Port Authority's offices in the North Tower on July 26, 2001 — meetings generally aren't held in August due to vacations — took up matters including an agreement between the agency, New Jersey Transit and Amtrak on a new rail station connecting those two lines with Newark Liberty International Airport.

Amazingly, the next board meeting was held as scheduled, nine days after the attacks, at the building of utility company Consolidated Edison on Third Avenue.

"We left the World Trade Center very abruptly that day, but everybody was back to work in three days" in various locations, according to Richard Larrabee, then and now the Port Authority's director of port commerce.

Headquarters eventually shifted to a building on Park Avenue near Union Square that was functional, if drab. The move to 4 World Trade Center began last fall and is complete except for a medical services unit, Foye said.

With the new location come constant reminders, if not from the landmarks than from the thousands of tourists who descend on the site daily.

"I'll admit, in candor, I don't walk into that building any day without thinking about where it is and the history of the Port Authority people who worked at 1 World Trade Center," said Port Authority chairman John Degnan, who was appointed to the position last year. "Not that it scares me, but it reminds me of sacrifices, and the standard risk you take when you put yourself in an iconic building."

Larrabee, whose office was on the 62nd floor of the North Tower, said he hadn't visited the World Trade Center site over the years as he kept his focus on the future.

"I don't think about what happened to me when I look at the memorial," he said. "We had a saying in those days: 'We will never forget.' It will never go out of our memories. I'm still dealing with it a little bit, but my strategy was to not look over my shoulder. That can be hard, but I'm coming to grips with it."

Downtown Express
    May 4, 2015

Liberty St. sidewalk opens near 4 World Trade Center

By Josh Rogers

Steve Plate, in charge of World Trade Center construction for the Port Authority, just before the north side of Liberty St. opened, May 5. Downtown Express photo by Josh Rogers.

The World Trade Center’s Liberty St. sidewalk opened to pedestrians Tuesday morning, May 5.

“We’re really close to being finished,” the Port Authority’s Steve Plate, who is in charge of W.T.C. construction, said just before removing the tape to open the sidewalk.

Erica Dumas, a Port spokesperson, said Monday “this is an early opening” for the north side of Liberty, which has been closed since 9/11, nearly 14 years ago.

“That’s great news,” Steven Abramson, who lives on the other side of Liberty, said Monday. “We really get creamed on the south side of Liberty St….

“It’s still going to be bottleneck, but I’ll be able to hop cross the street and walk away.”

Downtown Express photo by Josh Rogers.

Abramson and other residents on the block have said that the opening of part of Liberty St. last May, which coincided with the opening of the 9/11 Museum and less fettered access to the memorial plaza, led to a crush of tourists on the block.

The opening of 4 W.T.C. last October exacerbated the problem, Abramson said, because it prompted to new security measures, including concrete barriers on the southern sidewalk.

Pedestrian traffic on Liberty St. was squeezed starting last October, after new security barriers were placed on the sidewalk. Downtown Express file photo by Josh Rogers.

Abramson said he had heard a few weeks ago that the sidewalk opening would come sometime next month, but last Thursday during a walkthrough with him, members of Community Board 1 and other leaders, Port officials said the change would happen this week in an unspecified day.

He said it seems community persistence is paying off.

“I like to pressure them, on the other hand, I like to do it in such a way that we can have a constructive dialogue,” he said. “I don’t want it to be like Congress where both sides butt heads and nothing gets done.”

The opening of the north side of Liberty St. looked like it was long way off last October, but it is now scheduled for May 5. Downtown Express file photo by Josh Rogers.

Copyright 2014, all rights reserved

4WTC on Facebook
    May 12, 2015

New York Business Journal
    August 18, 2015

Matio Batali’s Eataly headquarters packs bags for Chelsea after World Trade Center delays

By Michael del Castillo

Last Friday, celebrity chef Mario Batali’s Eataly signed a 15-year lease to move its headquarters to Chelsea after months of delays that kept it from its first choice, which was in space at the World Trade Center complex. It was yet another in a series of delays around the site’s reconstruction going back years.

According a New York Post report yesterday, Eataly was released of its obligations at 4 World Trade Center after the Port Authority and Westfield, retail master leaseholder of the property, failed to settle their own dispute about the condition of the property at the time of the handover.

As a result, instead of moving to a 41,000-square-foot satellite marketplace in the World Trade Center, New York City-based Eataly, founded in 2004 to sell fresh Italian ingredients and food will open a 14,000-square-foot office at Castro Properties' 43 West 23rd Street.

Though the Chelsea location is less than half the size of the World Trade Center property it is still almost five times the size of the original offices at 45 East 20th Street.

In April the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which oversees the 4 World Trade Center site, delayed progress for the second time after failing to gain support for tax-payer subsidies on the $2.3 billion, 80-story construction project, according to a New York Times report.

Construction on One World Trade Center, which finally came to completion in November 2014, 13 years after the Twin Towers fell in a terrorist attack, was equally plagued by a wide range of delays, and even a disagreement over what it should be called.

Eataly’s new, less-grand headquarters location puts it just a short walk from the company’s 50,000 square feet 5th Ave. “ culinary funhouse,” which opened in 2010.

Mario Batali, founder of such highly-rated restaurants as Babbo, and Waverly Place, and the Bastianich family, are minority partners in the company which is principally owned by the brothers Adam Saper and Alex Saper. A representative of the company told the Post she expects the offices to be open for business in the first half of next year.

The Real Deal
    November 9, 2015

Mets broadcaster SportsNet moves HQ to 4 WTC

83,000-square-foot lease adds to tally of media firms relocating Downtown

By Konrad Putzier

From left: Mets pitcher Matt Harvey and 4 World Trade Center (credit: Silverstein Properties)

Another month, another media company moving to Lower Manhattan. Sports broadcaster SportsNet New York, also known as SNY, signed a 17-year lease for 83,000 square feet at Silverstein Properties’ 4 World Trade Center, joining the likes of Conde Nast and Time Inc. in ditching Midtown for Downtown.

SNY, which broadcasts games by New York sports teams like the Mets and Jets, currently occupies 39,000 square feet at the Time-Life Building at 1271 Sixth Avenue in Midtown.

Silverstein Properties’ Jeremy Moss and a CBRE team including Stephen Siegel, Mary Ann Tighe and Adam Foster represented the landlord, while SNY was represented by a CBRE team led by Scott Gottlieb and Ken Meyerson, Chris Corrinet and Dan Wilpon.

“This confirms Downtown’s emerging status as the new media capital of America,” Silverstein Properties’ Larry Silverstein said in a statement.

Over the past year, a number of major media companies have moved their headquarters to Lower Manhattan, attracted in part by lower rents and proximity to Brooklyn. Last year, publishing house Conde Nast moved from the Times Square area to One World Trade Center and Time Inc. is expected to move to Brookfield Place by the end of this year.

Silverstein recently secured a letter of intent from News Corp. and 21st Century Fox to move their headquarters to yet-to-be built 2 World Trade Center. The firm is currently building another office tower on the site, 3 World Trade Center.

With the lease, 4 World Trade Center is now 65 percent leased two years after opening its doors, according to a spokesperson.

All rights reserved © 2015 The Real Deal is a registered Trademark of Korangy Publishing Inc.