Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 Pine Street - Condo - by Graham, Anderson, Probst & White / Renov: Gruzen Samton

Default 20 Pine Street - Condo - by Graham, Anderson, Probst & White / Renov: Gruzen Samton

Any news about the much awaited 20 Pine: The Collection?

Default sales

I had heard sales have been weak but have not seen much.

With Shvo handling the sales, you can be sure they will turn them over.

Default mid May - and how are sales?

If you ask any of the brokers at 20 Pine, they say its 50% sold, but is that true?

How can you really know?

They may be trying to create the feeling that you have to "act now, or loose out"

Thoughts?

Default exactly

You never know what that 50% means. It could be as a % of the units they have released for sale, not of the entire building.

Default Can you tell us something about the units?

It seems that there has been a lot of chat about the "Armani" interior design of lobby and common areas (including terrace and basement spa). For the residential apartments, they say that the LG washer/dryer units are not the vented type. Modular kitchen design looks sleek and stylish. Looks like a wall unit that converts to a kitchen (Italian moda style). Are they going to have centralized A/C heating? And if you look at the windows, some floors have smaller windows than others. Are they going to remedy that?

Same developer at Downtown by Starck right? I think they went for the same approach of bringing in big names. The modular kitchen designs are very similar, although way different with browns vs mostly white in starck. Change the windows so they are uniform? I bet they wont, costly. The pool and deck area look amazing in that rendering! Like a Vegas boutique hotel kinda look. Whats the average price / sq ft? I recall kind of high compared to what was released even more recently at the Starck building. If its as high as 1000.00 per foot than it just sucks when most got into the Starck in the 600's. Downtown is great and all but is it worth 1000, 1100, 1200 per foot? Oh, and if you buy you you better love the color brown. Its everywhere

Default 20 Pine interiors

Peternyc1. Yeah.. they are selling between 900 to 1200/ft on the lower floors. Upper "concierge" floors sell for more.

The design is great. I am with you on the pool and deck area. You should also see the Turkish hammam, golf simulator, billard hall and spa lounge... to die for. The Armani furniture and motif itself is a lot of money. Buyers are going to think about getting really good furniture for their apartments in order not to be outdone by the common areas.

If not for the different size windows and non-vented dryers, I am in the edge of getting one studio for myself. I will have to count my cash again... $1.. $2... $3....

Default Shvo sales office

Just one more comment. The Shvo sales office really shines. The interior feels like a couture boutique in Milan. Plasma screens everywhere with avant-garde euro music in the background. The entire Italian motif from the wood kitchen paneling, black Brazilian wood flooring, stone quartz, and rain shower on bathrooms were designed in a very streamlined and minimalist fashion. I think key to the whole setup is the selective and focused lighting.

I have to hand it to the Shvo sales people; they are very courteous and professional.

Default developer

I recently purchased at the Orion, however I'm know people who work for the developer at 20 Pine...
    i will not recommand them, they use non union workers to build and are very very slow to turn over apartment to move in. Has anyone heard from the Broad street project, if you remember that construction started there over 3 years ago, any renovation job taking that long I will be worried about.

I also hear the elevators at Broad street we renovated however they kept the OLD rails, the elevators shake going up and down...

Quote Originally Posted by newamsterdam
    I recently purchased at the Orion, however I'm know people who work for the developer at 20 Pine...
    i will not recommand them, they use non union workers to build and are very very slow to turn over apartment to move in. Has anyone heard from the Broad street project, if you remember that construction started there over 3 years ago, any renovation job taking that long I will be worried about.

I also hear the elevators at Broad street we renovated however they kept the OLD rails, the elevators shake going up and down...
    If the developer is no good, STAY AWAY!!! Too many other places to spend your money...

Abandoning the Paper Trail

Is it possible to buy a New York apartment without consuming an entire forest?

(Photo: Jeremy Liebman)

Michael Shvo has no use for clipboards. At 20 Pine Street, a prewar conversion in the financial district, Shvo—among the city’s most prominent condo marketers—has done away with familiar real-estate paraphernalia like folders, sell sheets, and, yes, the agent’s ubiquitous clipboard. Instead, layouts are displayed on a plasma TV, and client preferences are downloaded to PDAs. Buying a condo is as easy as pressing a button. “My grandparents had clipboards; God gave me the Palm pilot,” he says. “Whoever’s not innovative is going to fall behind.”

Leave it to Shvo—dubbed “the real-estate assassin” by ABC News—to throw down the paperless gauntlet. But many other proponents say it would be a boon in a city where buying and selling real estate can leave one swamped in legal-size photocopies. “In a typical transaction, you have to sign your name 63 times,” says Mike Edelhart, CEO of Inman News, a real-estate media entity that promotes the “paperless initiative.” “This cuts out unnecessary steps and saves time.” At 20 Pine, clients use swipe cards to register; inventory is constantly updated so they know right away if a unit is still available, and if they like it, it’s taken off the market immediately, triggering a contract to be printed within minutes. (Clients still have to sign on the dotted line, says Shvo, but at least they don’t have to endure weeks of paperwork ping-pong to go into contract. Down payments can be wired to a developer’s escrow account, further streamlining the process.)

For now, change is happening slowly. Few transactions are this high-tech because many of the necessary documents (like titles) aren’t available electronically. Most attorneys, building managers, and especially co-op boards are a long way from being ready to accommodate a paperless workflow. Besides, the law requires attorneys and mortgage representatives to be present for closings. But Owen Brunette, who bought an Upper East Side co-op last year through Coldwell Banker Hunt Kennedy’s Nancy Brennan, says it’s the way to go. “I travel a lot, and it’s a nuisance for me to deal with tons of paper,” says Brunette, a management consultant. His formal offer was submitted by e-mail using Coldwell Banker’s electronic template, and his board packet was assembled entirely by e-mail as well. “It was the smoothest, most uneventful deal I’d ever done,” says Brennan, with evident relief.

-- New York Magazine (Real Estate) --

do we believe it? how do confirm...

Quote Originally Posted by newamsterdam
    I went to visit a friend who is moving into the Starck building this week. You are totally correct, those elevators shake bigtime! The cars may even be the original cars but with updated paneling. Pretty weak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast