Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos From Our Planting

Default Photos From Our Planting

Very nice.

Banned Member

Thumbs up

I'm heading to dinner. Quick note for folks.

Local tv stations CBS-2, NBC-4, and ABC-7 all covered the event. Watch for coverage on the dinner time local news broadcast. Not sure of the times. I think CBS is at 6:00PM.

Forgive me for any gaffs. Thanks to everyone. I'm on the run - not even home yet.

It was a GREAT day for WiredNewYork and a great day of honor for JB.

nice and thank for the photos

I just can´t believe this whole thing....it´s really moving....I´m all emotional over here ...a million miles away. Good going guys ....a big kiss and hug.

The plants (names / photos ) that we planted for JB HERE

Beautiful job guys. I'm just sorry I couldn't be a part of it.

That looks a tad familiar .. Glad to see my face didn't make it into any of those.

yeah, but your backside shows up 3 times

Yeah mang, and way too prominently. Youz tryin' to say somethin??

Good thing my backside is so lovely..

alrighty, here's one with the grill showin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    I just can´t believe this whole thing....it´s really moving....I´m all emotional over here ...a million miles away. Good going guys ....a big kiss and hug.
    I can relate to that, Fab.

Great photos, thanks, MidtownGuy. The banners look really good and the plants that were chosen are beautiful, especially JB's tree. Thanks for posting details of the plants, Lofter1.

Hopefully some more photos can be taken when JB's tree is in bloom and the other plants have become more established. A regular photographic journal of Maggie's Garden to keep us all in touch maybe?

What's happening with plaque?

Looks like it was a great success and that Perfect Day. JB will be happy.

The final plaque is still "in production" so we had a plastic replica for the "dedication" of JB's tree.

It read:

JB (TLOZ Link5) Hehman 5.28.1985 - 4.4.2006

NYC: Be to its virtues very kind

but be to its faults a little blind

The Friends of www.wirednewyork.com

I gave the replica to a friend of JB for safekeeping.

Banned Member

Smile A Great Event!

I'm not sure if we got a "before" picture. I think Brian Sahd at NYRP might have. He took alot of photos. It was a lot of work and there are plantings along the back fence that aren't visible in the pictures as well those that were done in that large median. We also did major pruning, weeding and edging.

We got to chat with Maggie. She moved here from the Carolina's as a little girl. Moved in to the building across the street and has lived there for 56 years. She began the garden in 1974. She was a doll to work with and invites everyone from today and anyone else interested in visiting her garden to come on down. (Maybe a WNY BBQ one summer day?)

William Bey-Curtis of NYRP led the project and had two assistants with him. They knew their stuff and were friendly and really easy to work with. A number of JB's friends from childhood and NYU joined us and many people from the neighborhood stopped in and thanked us. They got a kick out of the celebrity name tags.

NYRP proved coffee, donuts and water for us as well as gardening gloves.

WABC-TV (channel 7), WNBC-TV (Channel 4) and WCBS-TV (Channel 2) all showed up conducted interviews and filmed the banners and te group working. WNYC-TV (Channel 5) apparently wanted to come, but they called me at home at 9:45AM and I was already in the garden and not checking calls.

My sister has TIVO and informed me that the project aired on Channel 2 and Channel 4 (She is limited to only two stations in a time period to tape and those were her two.) My nerves about the interviews were allieved when she left me a message saying they had film of the group executing the garden work with a voice over, but no interviews. We asked that they focus on JB and it seems they did.

Brian Sahd took lots of pictures, but I am particularly anxious to get the two group shots at the end of the project. It's a nice cap to the the work we all did.

It was a real pleasure to meet so many people and any jitters that might have been there about meeting other forum members quickly dropped. Everyone was friendly, interesting, interested in others and the day ended with us all engaging in passionate conversations about NYC and all the WNY stuff we generally hit on. It was Gulcrapek's birthday - so he got to enjoy it by laboring in the hot weather - happy birthday. Oh, LondonLawyer joined us and verified that this project contained no 'crap." kznyc2k it was a pleasure to host you and it was great to have you join us from Boston.

I had a great conversation toward the end with Matt Damon, Dallas and Eric Estrada - but never figured out who Eric Estrada was. If you want to reveal - send me a PM. I am curious.

NYRP is keeping the JB Hehman Fund open for donations and active - as we received more donations at the garden and online today. We've invited them to post any upcoming events or volunteer needed in the WNY events section. It was truly a pleasure dealing with them.

We can all be proud of our response to this tragedy. Bravo!
    Last edited by BrooklynRider; May 14th, 2006 at 12:29 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast