Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: WTC (Original) 3D Model

Hey guys,

I don't Know if anyone has seen this yet, or posted tower 2 observation desck pics, but this is really cool and useful in make the 3d model. Hers the link:

http://www.nyctourist.com/wtc_new1.htm

Thanks,
    John

Yeah, the sidewalk area is included. Do you think that if I put the Marriot Hotel in now that it would be to scale? For some reason it looks too small...

That's a pretty cool screenshot of my model back there, isn't it? It looks pretty cool with the sun behind it...

Quote Originally Posted by jpdc View Post
    Hi, yeah thats where I was thinking... it just looks a but disturbing to me... so those red areas are actually flames??

I think this is one of the most shocking pics of that day

JP
    There some even scarier ones. Bill Biggart was still taking photos outside the Marriot Hotel after the first collapse. HERE is a photo of the Marriot Hotel you won't soon forget. Biggart died in the second collapse.

WOW, I never knew that, that makes these pics alot more meaningful then...

wierd, u kinda look at them a different way knowing the photographer was killed.

Yeah, I know. That picture's probably gonna haunt me for the rest of my life... the way you can see the insides of the building through the huge gash in the middle is just absolutely terrifying...

There's a pretty interesting documentary on 9/11 by two brothers named Jules and Gedeon Naudet. It shows some extremely powerful (visually and emotionally) footage, and really makes you understand what happened that day. And some moments it is actually hard to figure out what's happening, like for instance after the first collapse one of the brothers is still inside the lobby of the north tower with the fire department. It's actually pretty scary, but if you make it through all the horror of the events you eventually realise there actually is a whole story through the event. It sounds pretty stupid when I put it that way, but if you watch it there is a story behind it...

HERE's and IMDB link to the documentary, if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    Thanks. Is the PDF part of the FEMA 9/11 report? I noticed the URL.

English class isn't that bad...

I don't know if you've tried this, but if you change the "ch3" part of the PDF URL to "ch4" then you get a whole lot of details about thep plaza building.

http://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/fema403_ch4.pdf
    The whole study is publicly available. I got it by searching for FEMA WTC.
    http://www.fema.gov/rebuild/mat/wtcstudy.shtm

Nice. does it go through all sorts of design aspects? I imagine it must be useful in your model if it does.

Yeah I actually have that Documentary on DVD
    Last edited by jpdc; July 28th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

Yeah, there's one called 7 Days in September. It covers the first week of September 11, then goes one week after, then six months after. I got it out on DVD once from the Video Shop but I never got a chance to watch it fully.

There are also a number of videos on youtube, although some are just posted there by stupid people who think it's funny to watch people falling out of a 110 story office building... but there are some good ones as well. A lot of orginal 9/11 footage, and then there are the slideshows in tribute to the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jboulin94 View Post
    Hey guys,

I don't Know if anyone has seen this yet, or posted tower 2 observation desck pics, but this is really cool and useful in make the 3d model. Hers the link:

http://www.nyctourist.com/wtc_new1.htm

Thanks,
    John
    If I remember correctly, that site once had links to a a few panoramic (360 degree) photos which were pretty cool. At least one from the observation deck, and one from the plaza. ....I have tried to find them since without success.

Of course, I found the panoramas immediately after my last post:

http://www.newyork.com/attraction/panorama/tour3e.html

...They are from a different, though similar site.

That Would be prety cool to have an observation deck (indoor) panorama. It seems like theres a lot up there that we havent seen. If anyone has some picks or panoramas, please post them. Also, I think that STR needs them. Thats why I posted those. BTW, if anyone has seen Inside 9/11, I know that you guys were talking about the raised plaza level and stairs by 5 WTC, if you look on inside 9/11, you can see two cops running by that. Luckily, i have TiVo, and i paused that. Try it

Hey, does anyone have some pictures of the street level entrance to 2 WTC?

heres one

Thanks, thats a good one

What about the signs outside each building (if there were signs outside each building)? In the lego model I posted a link to earlier, there are red tiles (indicating the red signs that were outside the buildings). In pictures I've seen that they were white and grey, and then in other pictures (plus a very interesting documentary about 9/11 I also mentioned earlier) they were red. What colour were they!?!?!?
    Last edited by Joelio; December 5th, 2006 at 11:43 AM.

Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast