Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: WTC (Original) 3D Model

Joelio, those look great! keep it up! STR,(totally off-topic, forgive me lol) I know your the creator of skyscrapermodels.us, and I've done all your models, I even used some for a research project at school! Thanks! But i was wondering, I know you don't have a lot of time for that site, but I was looking at the history section, and some of the other ones are incredible! Why don't you post them? Like Citigroup Center, Tranamerica pyramid etc. But also, I sent you an e-mail about some cool buildings you could do. You should do the World Financial Center. That would be AWSOME, and it would go great with WTC. Also, an easy one you could do would be Deutsche Bank. I know your doing all the chicago stuff, But that would be really cool. MAybe just even like 130 Liberty, cuz im guessing it would be easy cuz its just a box. Well, anywayz Joelio, It looks great.

Joelio, the office looks great, but thre are more cubicles in the WTC than rooms

Yeah, at the time I built the office I didn't know about that...

I had to download about 50 models from Max-Realms.com (yes, that's the sad truth, I didn't build everything inside the office) and I wasted my internet in about a day. But I might try and make a whole lot of them side-by-side and on top/below each other to see if I can make the WTC with offices in it...

A scene in my docudrama will not feature the plane exploding in the building, it'll go black before that, but there will be an extremely scary shot of the plane flying towards the office (which I animated yesterday).

I'm going to be going a lot slower on the models now, as I am beginning to get RSI (Repetitive Straining Injury, also known as OOS, which is *something* Overuse Syndrome) and I have to use my left hand with the mouse. But I'll keep going. As soon as I can use the mouse with my left hand better. And when my RSI gets better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTC_plane_2_1.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	3179

Unfortunately, the plane (which is another free 3D model from Max-Realms) is a DC10, so I have to try as hard as possible not to show the jet engine at the back by the tail.

I'm working on the trailer of my movie at the moment, so I'll post it here when it's finished. The animation's not perfect (it's a little jerky) but so what... nothing's perfect (well, nothing except STR's models).

Lol, thats cool. Now, you just have to have the scene where the plane bust through the window on the docudrama, INSIDE THE TWIN TOWERS. That was really good. i watched it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qme_9OPNLc

Click USAon3's link, he has everypart, and its cool cuz the show inside views

Yeah, I saw a little bit of that documentary like, last month but my internet was too slow. I got to the bit where the dust goes by the window.

There's another really good one that I saw on Discovery channel (it's history channel in the U.S.A) called "the last hour of flight 11". It's on youtube, it was posted by USAon3 as well. Every part's there. It's like United 93, except it follows Flight 11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMfShWeRDz4

Just right this minute I am animating another shot (on my big WTC model) of the plane flying towards the tower. It had just hit the building when you replied (!!!).

Hey, is it possible to download stuff of youtube?

I've seen Flight 11 on TV. Its pretty sad like untied 93. Also, you can save stuff from youtube. I have all of my videos saved.

I just finished the animation and it's way too slow (I had 23 frames at 10 frames per second). Now I have to do it again...

That Stinks

Now I'm working on that office animation again (with the plane heading towards the office). I've found a far easier way to move the plane towards the office (down arrow key) than using my flimsy left hand...

As for having the plane bust through the window ^^ I'm not sure. a) it'd be quite hard, because I'd have to have explosions and desks flying and glass breaking and smoke erupting and all that, and b) I'm not going to show too much of the plane crash. They didn't show the plane crash in World Trade Center and I guess (after watching that doco 9/11) that an explosion would be too horrendous. As for the second plane crash I'll use that famous angle from the South looking North-west, as the plane dive-bombs into the South Tower. The screen'll go black after a torrent of screams and all you will see is the plane flying into the building then... black.

And, for those who are curious, the docudrama's called September 11. I was going to originally call it World Trade Center, but then Oliver Stone's one came out and I didn't think I should call it that. Then I was thinking about 9/11, although it sounded too short and basic.

I finally figured out how to perform a boolean operation. Now I have the start of the central fountain (the bit where you could walk around the fountain) submerged into the plaza as follows...

Name:	WTC_new_49.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	3187

As opposed to...

Name:	WTC_new_plaza.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	3188

Looks Good

Hey STR, this is totally off-topic as well, but I had a Skyscraper request for your paper models but you never replied. I was wondering if you could make the Sky Tower in Auckland. It's 328 (or 324, I forget which) meters high and the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere. Architectural info can be found HERE and I also have a whole group of photos I took recently (in awesome weather) that I can send you if you decide to go ahead with the paper model...