Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: WTC (Original) 3D Model

More Tests

Question

Nice renders STR
    Does this model lag at all on your new computer?

Also i have a question about the surrounding streets. I always knew West Street was lower down then Church Street, and that Liberty Street and Vessy Street slopped down towards West street, yet i saw a picture of the entrance to 2WTC from Liberty Street and the street seems flat at that point.
    I have visited Ground Zero, i do remember a slight hill, but i didn't bother to pay attention to it as it didn't seem important at the time. I was woundering did the whole road slope down, or just in certain places? And at what angle?
    Thanks.

They flattened out Liberty & West streets in front of the towers. The slope from Church to West St. is about 20 feet, with West/Vessey being 5 or so feet lower than West/Liberty

STR this is fantstic work. How you have patience I don't know, but please keep going.

I finally figured out how to do the top of the tower - well, not really. I was determined to get the sloping parts in, but I didn't know how to (I'm not actually very good in Bryce - I can just do simple models with straight objects etc), so I borrowed them off a model for purchase here. Sadly, my tower isn't scaled properly, and the angled corners are too small to fit in with the top, but I can't be bothered to fix them so... yeah.

You bought that mesh model? I think it's ashame that people would be trying to sell these kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    You bought that mesh model? I think it's ashame that people would be trying to sell these kinds of things.
    Why, you think it's an insult to the victims' memories to get money off them?

You've got to think of it the other way. Think of it as a tribute, rather than an insult..

EDIT: Added the following:

A comparison of the two towers: on the left, we have the old South Tower, and on the right we have the new North Tower. As you can see, my towers were way too tall before, and I'm not even sure how accurately scaled the new one is, but I'm confident that the new towers will be the final ones.

As you can also see, 6 WTC is still not there. I'll probably get on to finishing that next, as it's been on hiatus for months and I really need it finished. After that, it's just 4 WTC, and then the finishing touches (and I might redo the Concourse and Plaza as well, but I can't promise anything).

Last edited by Joelio; September 28th, 2007 at 06:57 PM.

I don't see that selling architectural images & renderings of the original WTC is in anyway disrespectful, either to those who died or those who lost loved ones and colleagues on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    I don't see that selling architectural images & renderings of the original WTC is in anyway disrespectful, either to those who died or those who lost loved ones and colleagues on 9/11.
    ^^ Exactly.

Nice pic, Lofter It'll be different around here from now on!

Yes, it's bad to make a square, extrude it, and then sell it for $40 since it's the shape of the WTC.

Can't someone here ban this idiot? This guy would prefer that people started to consume 100's or hours for free just so that what they do isn't perceived as "disrespectful" to anyone.

And if that wasn't enough he wants to call the fine work being done here an "extruded box".

Please ban the guy so we can go back to enjoy the fine work STR, Joelio, JC and others are doing.

Yes, it's bad to make a square, extrude it, and then sell it for $40 since it's the shape of the WTC.
    The model isn't an extruded rectangle.
    Last edited by Joelio; September 28th, 2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Removed disrespectful rebuttal.

You're very welcome to make your own model and release it for free. Go ahead. Invest hundreds of hours of your time into the model, make it real as your skills allow.

As for me, I'll keep working on my model, and sell it for a lot more than $40 to anyone who wants to pay for hard work, dedication, and quality. I will also continue to release renders for free for all to see and experience. If doing just that isn't exactly in the spirit of the Trade Center, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by STR View Post
    You're very welcome to make your own model and release it for free. Go ahead. Invest hundreds of hours of your time into the model, make it real as your skills allow.

As for me, I'll keep working on my model, and sell it for a lot more than $40 to anyone who wants to pay for hard work, dedication, and quality. I will also continue to release renders for free for all to see and experience. If doing just that isn't exactly in the spirit of the Trade Center, I don't know what is.
    Meh... your statement was better than mine..

I guess I went a little OTT..

Quote Originally Posted by STR
    And so will I. I think I'll also leave the situation at hand as it is... *embarrassed*

On that topic... You got any more renders for us, STR?
    Last edited by Joelio; September 28th, 2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Needed to add second quote.