Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: WTC (Original) 3D Model

Found some additional images at a Japanese site for the Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art

btw: The piece is by sculptor Masayuki Nagare (1923 - ) and is titled "Cloud Fortress" ...

Not sure if this is the original or an alternate version (there is a "Cloud Fortress, Jr." listed ) ...

By the scale...and looking at the people sitting up against the sculpture in upper pic,
    I'd guess it's the Jr. version....

The full-size Cloud Fortress was unceremoniously destroyed a couple days after 9/11. The heavy sculpture had an extra strong support structure underneath, making the location ideal for a crane which was sited there for the rest of the year. Nothing remains of the sculpture; the stone facade was probably dumped in Fresh Kills and its steel frame recycled.

Hey STR, I found the plans (thanks ) but I was wondering if you could show us a screen of your 7WTC with the upper floors stripper away, with only the lobby floors visible? I need to see something about the design.

Thanks

The NIST report is wrong. It flipped the ground floor for the second floor, and copied the second floor for the third floor.

Work on the lower levels continues.

Quote Originally Posted by STR View Post
    The NIST report is wrong. It flipped the ground floor for the second floor, and copied the second floor for the third floor.
    ^^ I noticed that. That's what I wanted to see - what the lobby floors actually looked like.

The work looks FANTASTIC.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Found some additional images at a Japanese site for the Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art

btw: The piece is by sculptor Masayuki Nagare (1923 - ) and is titled "Cloud Fortress" ...

Not sure if this is the original or an alternate version (there is a "Cloud Fortress, Jr." listed ) ...

Thanks.
    Every new picture i see makes the sculpture look more complex. Is that recreated one exactly as the original was? If so i think i'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by STR View Post
    The full-size Cloud Fortress was unceremoniously destroyed a couple days after 9/11. The heavy sculpture had an extra strong support structure underneath, making the location ideal for a crane which was sited there for the rest of the year. Nothing remains of the sculpture; the stone facade was probably dumped in Fresh Kills and its steel frame recycled.
    Can't say i'm disapointed. I guess attempting to save lives is more important then dull public art.

I seem to recall that there was a pattern of some sort polished into the facade of the building at street level on the eastern side of 7 World Trade...It reminded me of the William Baziotes "Flesh Eaters" painting.

Does anyone have a photo showing the pattern? Am I imagining this at 7WTC or was it another building?

Source: FEMA

Source: The page in the corner of the photo

Thanks. As usual, I can't wait to see your rendering.

It may be a while before I make noticeable progress. There isn't a lot of photos of 7WTC, at least the interior of it. No one really cared about the tower Larry Silverstein (who built it, mind you) called "the ugliest building in New York."

Why did everyone hate it so much?? I don't mind it so much.. but I guess it was different if you were there..

But still, I don't see what's so bad about it.

Omg!! I have posted 182 more posts in this thread than STR! I knew I'd posted more than anyone else

I feel really embarrassed now...
    Last edited by Joelio; October 16th, 2007 at 10:53 PM.

7WTC is an okay building, there are uglier ones, there are even a couple of more bland ones. However, most people tend to think "okay" doesn't cut it when you're talking about a building that's 600 feet tall and 300 feet wide. It is assumed that a building that large should make an architectural statement equivalent to its size.

Ok: What's the deal with Koenig's (sp?) Sphere!? If you remember mine, it was a big orange blob that didn't resemble much of anything. Well... it was a ball on a stick.

What did it look like?? Was it's "stalk" on an angle? What colours were on it? Which direction did it point (if it did)?

And by point I mean, if it was on an angled "stalk", which way did that "stalk" go?

Thanks guys I'm so demanding around here.

But you guys continue to put up with me...

Last edited by DarrylStrawberry; October 17th, 2007 at 09:50 AM.