Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162 LastLast

Thread: WTC (Original) 3D Model

Hello folkz, I'm new to the board...
    honestly I regged for this topic
    I visited the topic long before, fallowing the progress for a long time

I just want to say that the work shown is realy wonderfull, keep up with it!

But I got a question aswell... for str prolly.. or the other folkz?

I'm doing a model aswell... for myself that is
    What I need help with is the exterior wall of the twins
    See I want it fairly accurate, so I hope someone could provide me with the total lenght of 1 of the 3 collumn / 3 Story prefab parts that were used for the exterior wall
    What was the spaceing length between the sprendle plates? (meaning the window openings from bottom sprendle plate to top one..)

Thanx alot folkz!
    Last edited by Maidi; August 13th, 2008 at 12:44 PM.

Excellent work, as always, STR. I like the circular bridge.

The bridge is only 50% done. I might just scrap it and redo it from the beginning, no loss as it took ~3 minutes to make. The big thing is the 7WTC lobby, which may not seem much different from last time, but I've got a lot more accurate info now and all I need to do is add color and some escalators.

Kinda odd how some photos and material has only come out recently, while the vast majority of the better photos in my collection are no longer available online.

Quote Originally Posted by STR View Post
    The bridge is only 50% done. I might just scrap it and redo it from the beginning, no loss as it took ~3 minutes to make. The big thing is the 7WTC lobby, which may not seem much different from last time, but I've got a lot more accurate info now and all I need to do is add color and some escalators.

Kinda odd how some photos and material has only come out recently, while the vast majority of the better photos in my collection are no longer available online.
    Any chance you'd make that photo collection available online? I have a large one myself but it's lacking on interior shots.

AMAZING MODEL WTC good job STR

Rebuild The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center !

Quote Originally Posted by Kon133 View Post
    AMAZING MODEL WTC good job STR

Rebuild The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center !

Quote Originally Posted by Kon133 View Post
    [/B]Rebuild The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center !
    Well, that's (for better or worse) not going to happen, so this and other recreations are the best chance of preserving what once was.

Quote Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
    Any chance you'd make that photo collection available online? I have a large one myself but it's lacking on interior shots.
    I actually don't have many photos. Just a few floor plans and a couple of videos. One of them is from the recent History Channel Doc "102 Minutes that Changed America."

Well, that's (for better or worse) not going to happen, so this and other recreations are the best chance of preserving what once was.

I actually don't have many photos. Just a few floor plans and a couple of videos. One of them is from the recent History Channel Doc "102 Minutes that Changed America."
    Ah, ok. Funny that you mention that documentary because I was very surprised that it had the WTC7 footage included. I'd seen bad quality screen-grabs of it in the past but I'd never seen the footage itself. It's a great documentary and I'd recommend that anyone interested in 9/11 purchase it.

I was attempting to recreate a photo I have in my collection. It's getting closer. It doesn't show too much progress in this shot, but I've been concentrating on the top and north side of the building lately.

Testing lighting settings on Tower 7 lobby. I figure, why not post? I like the results of #1 the most.

WTC Freight Ramp next to ConEd substation.

On a related note, the National Institute of Standards and Technology released the final report on the collapse of 7WTC. Link is below. For those not interested in reading the report, the office fire in the lower floors of the building were solely responsible for the collapse. Basically, the fire heated the exceptionally long-span floor beams in the tower. These beams expanded, eventually ripping out the connections that attached them to the collumns. The unsupported columns gave way and the building collapsed inside out, the facade and exterior columns stood for several seconds after the interior floors had fallen away. Debris impact from 1WTC, while destroying up to 7 exterior columns, only had minimal impact AFTER the collapse started. Diesel generators did not effect the fire either.

Really interesting animations.
    http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/r...tc_videos.html
    Last edited by STR; November 21st, 2008 at 12:01 AM.

STR, stunning work as usual! Also, thanks for that link to the NIST WTC7 report. Let's just say I'm not surprised to find that no explosives were found, but I'm guessing that won't stop theorists from doing whatever they do. Oh well.

Well, most of the "truthers" stopped believing all that tripe when they realized it turns off girls more than their acne and star wars collections.

A close up of one of the address signs. I don't recall if I made a detail shot before.

Shouldn't that sign be rotated 90 degrees? Unless there was 2 signs in front? Don't quote me on it anyway. And there was a close up shot of the 1 WTC sign in the plaza way back.

Looking good.

Btw, I'm trying to model the mall area as detailed and accurate as possible, including all shops (minus the signage and logos to avoid copyright trouble) but I'm lacking on images. I only have around 6 mall images, just wondering if you could post any rare or good mall images you have STR? Or point me in the right direction to find some more? The area I'm modelling now is the Vessy Street entrance to the mall under 5 WTC, I only have 1 image of this area, in the same position as this render:

And I like number 4 the best:
    To me it looks more photo realistic than the rest. (As large indoor spaces always seem quite dark on photo's as the flash can't reach everywhere, makes all the images of the mall I've seen look dark)
    Last edited by jc84144; November 25th, 2008 at 02:27 AM.

oh yeah i like #1 the best too STR, and the shot of the freight ramp is cool too, the back looks as if its evening very cool overall.

Richard.