Thread: How to get to LIC

Default How to get to LIC

OK so I am driving to the Best Western in Long Island City tomorrow and I want to avoid driving through Manhattan. I went to the city about two months ago and visited a friend in Jamaica Queens who had directions to go through the GW Bridge to the Throgs Neck and a few others to avoid Manhatttan driving as much as I can. But now I need to get to this address and no driving direction website is giving me directions that would suit what I need.

So here goes:
    Best Western City View
    33-17 Greenpoint Ave
    Long Island City, NY 11101

Any help would be amazing. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by idesignm2
    OK so I am driving to the Best Western in Long Island City tomorrow and I want to avoid driving through Manhattan. I went to the city about two months ago and visited a friend in Jamaica Queens who had directions to go through the GW Bridge to the Throgs Neck and a few others to avoid Manhatttan driving as much as I can. But now I need to get to this address and no driving direction website is giving me directions that would suit what I need.

So here goes:
    Best Western City View
    33-17 Greenpoint Ave

Any help would be amazing. Thanks a lot.
    Where are you coming from.

how about

GW - MAjor Deagon - Triboro - Grand Central - BQE - LIE - To Exit 16 Van Dam St

Google it to exact details.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by idesignm2
    So here goes:
    Best Western City View
    33-17 Greenpoint Ave
    I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion on this hotel after your trip. I drive by all the time and wonder... It's such a weird neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion on this hotel after your trip. I drive by all the time and wonder... It's such a weird neighborhood.
    like any other nabe.. i guess once u live there u learn to love it.

It is important for us to know a few more details.. Your destination is clear, I know exactly where it is. I wish you were more clera as to where your trip will commence..

But if you are taking the GW in, best route would be below:

Harlem River Drive South to Triborough Bridge to Grand Central Parkway East to Long Island Expressway West to exit 16, Greenpoint Avenue exit. After exiting stay to the left and make a left at the traffic light onto Greenpoint Avenue. The Hotel will be on the right hand side, once you are over the highway..

I would stay away from Brooklyn Queens Expressway, since you sound like you don't like traffic much..

Happy traveling..
    Last edited by milleniumcab; July 14th, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shocka
    like any other nabe.. i guess once u live there u learn to love it.
    That is the truth!!