Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toughest job in NYC

Default Toughest job in NYC

I was wondering, what is the toughest job in NYC. To me, it has to be who ever has to change that red, blinking light on top of the Empire State Building.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Default High or low?

I was thinking mucking around in the sewage mains -

Mucking around in the sewage mains, in a city of over 8 million? Damn, that takes a big heart to do.

I'll have to say cab driving is up there among the top 10, if not top 5..

Banned Member

No, the guy who cleans up the inside of a cab after a robber has blown the drivers brains out with a gun. THAT'S the toughest job in NYC.

I'll toss the title of brain surgeon into the pot.

How about the NYPD crime scene unit....having to deal with murders and homicides. Seeing dead people aren't exactly easy to digest....

NYPD is a good choice. Also, I'll say FDNY. Another group I'll put in there, teachers. Now that is a tough job, too. Also, being mayor of the city. That has to be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider
    No, the guy who cleans up the inside of a cab after a robber has blown the drivers brains out with a gun. THAT'S the toughest job in NYC.
    Nice going BR......Is it safe to assume that you don't take cabs?...

Perhaps you ride the bus... Maybe, one day, that same robber will blow your bus driver's brains out in front of your eyes and you will have nightmares about it the rest of your life...if it is at all possible for your conscious to let you have a nightmare......

It seems you have been a member of this forum for a long time but let me tell you this, I no longer wonder the reason for Edward not letting you become a moderator...

I would respectfully like to let you know that I will not respond to anything you might have to say... Ciao..
    Last edited by milleniumcab; July 18th, 2006 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Try2Live4God
    How about the NYPD crime scene unit....having to deal with murders and homicides. Seeing dead people aren't exactly easy to digest....
    Ummm, I don't mean to nitpick, but....ain't murders and homicides the samething??

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaNYC
    I was wondering, what is the toughest job in NYC. To me, it has to be who ever has to change that red, blinking light on top of the Empire State Building.
    Substitute Teacher, Middle School (I.S.)

Hands down, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by STT757
    Substitute Teacher, Middle School (I.S.)

Hands down, no question.
    5th and 8th grades are the worst (or whichever is the "top grade" for any particular school).

Some classes are great, but most try to get out of anything they can, and they have gotten worse and worse every year after they find out that the teachers are not allowed to really do anything about it...

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

We had a substitute teacher, I think it was 5th grade, and she had the misfortune to have to take over our class for the last part of our school year. On our final day she told us that we had made her decide that she no longer wanted to become a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by stache
    We had a substitute teacher, I think it was 5th grade, and she had the misfortune to have to take over our class for the last part of our school year. On our final day she told us that we had made her decide that she no longer wanted to become a teacher.

And then you get articles like the Front Page Sunday Record siting the "overpaid teachers that get Summers off and their powerfull Unions".

They fail to mention that most of the $$ is going to the administrative branch (Principal, VP, Superintendent), or the fact that teachers work ### undocumented hours (and unpaid) of OT each year.

Any person that thinks that a teachers day ends at 3 has never been a teacher. :P

Forum Veteran

hands down Steel Erectors

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast