Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 20 New York City condominiums under construction

Default Top 20 New York City condominiums under construction

I received an inquiry from Lisa Selin Davis, who writes a monthly real estate column for a financial magazine Trader Monthly. She is currently writing about the 20 hottest condos going up in New York. So she requested help of experts in New York real estate - Wired New York members.

Please suggest your list of the top condos under construction, does not have to be 20 exact. It would be good to have pros and cons briefly stated - architectural merits, location, neighborhood, views, quality of finishes/appliances, resell value etc.

At the end, we might vote on the final list. I have created a new page to help organize the discussion, I will try to have all suggestions listed there.

This should be interesting.

Before I five my ratings here are some more that are under construction or about to begin construction that people might want to consider:

1. 25 Bond
    2. 16 Prince
    3. 414 / 415 Washington
    4. 88 Laight
    5. 1 Seventh Avenue South
    6. 100 W. 18th
    7. 119 Bowery
    8. 1 York
    9. Vista 24
    10. 48 Bond
    11. Blue
    Last edited by lofter1; February 5th, 2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Wrong address at #6

Banned Member

In Manhattan:
    15 CPW ought to be on there.
    Skyhouse too

In Brooklyn:
    Oro on Flatbush Ave
    Forte in Fort Greene
    One Prospect Park

these are the buildings that truly signify the renaissance of Downtown Brooklyn

15 CPW for location location location
    Then there are the great inside finishes, traditional with a modern flair.

Edward: Should we be considering condos that will be open / livable by a certain end-date (say end of 2008)?

Or is this open beyond that?

I think the start date is with sales office opening in 2007, and the end date somewhat more vague, but end of 2008 seems reasonable to me.

The two Highline bldgs on 23rd

Highline 23 the Neil Denari bldg... cool architecture as problem solving.
    Highline 519 -- the finishes are pretty amazing.

Default Park Avenue apartments

240pas
    45Park

Arrow 290 Mulberry Street

I see this new building as a fine architectural design for many reasons: overall form, proportions, materials, ect. What is even more interesting about the design of this building is the "procedural agenda". From what little I know this is a totally unique approach to developing an architectural design. At first reading it seems like pure archi-babble BS - but its' not.

Other buildings: one york, Norton ,,,,,,,,,,, the silver cup bldg in LIC, Rogers ..... there are many others i can not think of right now. So this is my top three chioces.

OH, and def 15 cpw,,,,,thanks finnman69 LOL
    Last edited by infoshare; July 30th, 2011 at 08:08 AM.

15 CPW hands down , best quality, best location, best development

1 York - excellent design

Northside Piers is certainly notable. It is the first large scale waterfront development in Williamsburg. The views are certainly remarkable, as well as the direct access to parkland on the waterfront. The glass buildings fit the location I think.

I would also nominate the Visionaire in Battery Park City for being different than a normal BPC tower. Terra cotta instead of brick, and a curve in the building form. It's location on the water, as well as parkland and being a green building itself makes it a good candidate.

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

The Miraval on the Upper East Side -- though it's a conversion, and it's uptown so I don't sell it.

I still think it's the logical extension of this "condo-as-lifestyle" trend.

It used to be that you identified with where you bought, then you identified with the fact that you had Abigail Michaels concierge services.

Now, you can just live in the spa. I personally find this kind of product extremely hotel-y, but I know buyers don't.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}

Default precon investment

This is a great list!! any one know of best investment options ? i would put a down payment and wait and hope that it goes up in value and then rent out. what would be the best option. any feedback would help

Banned Member

Default In Brooklyn...

The new building by Ismael Levya at Tillary Street & Flatbush Avenue Extension (aka Brooklyn Flatiron) breaks ground this month. There's a 30-ish story glass curtainwall condo going up on Livingston Street and 110 Livingston Street is nearing completion.

A year later, it's time to update the list of top 20 New York City condominiums under construction. What's you choice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast