Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World's Best Train Stations

Default World's Best Train Stations

I have probably used more train stations than airports and I mean the busiest in the world, because it is where I have lived/live. From Turtle Bay (Grand Central) to Tokyo (Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Yurakucho, Tokyo, Ueno) to some of the best in old Europe (Nyugati, Keleti, Dresden Aldstadt, Praha Hlavni Nadrazi).

I will start the thread with the ones I use when I am working overseas

Ikebukuro

Shinjuku

Shibuya

Yurakucho

Tokyo

Ueno

Nyugati

Keleti

Dresden Aldstadt

Praha Hlavni Nadrazi

Shibuya

Kiev

Lviv (Lvov)

Deli (Budapest)

Brno

Nozomi bullet train entering Tokyo Station

Nozomi 500 Series (my favorite) arriving Shin Osaka

Shin Osaka

Omiya

Yoyogi, Tokyo

Enoshima (Katase)

NEX Narita Express (takes me virtually from my front door to Narita in luxury)

Some JR East Shinkansen

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Tenenbaum View Post
    NEX Narita Express (takes me virtually from my front door to Narita in luxury)
    I doubt that train (an E2 series) got you to Narita, as they only operate on the Tohoku and Nagano Shinkansen lines - ironically you'd be travelleing in the opposite direction to Narita Airport!

Perhaps actually visiting Tokyo and taking your own pictures might be a tad more productive?

Ouch!

Smaaaack-dooownnn!!!

On a more charitable note:

This was "my" train station when I grew up

My most used station. Glasgow Queen Street.

Quote Originally Posted by nick-taylor View Post
    I doubt that train (an E2 series) got you to Narita, as they only operate on the Tohoku and Nagano Shinkansen lines - ironically you'd be travelleing in the opposite direction to Narita Airport!

Perhaps actually visiting Tokyo and taking your own pictures might be a tad more productive?
    So you googled the image and worked out that I got it wrong.

I have a ton of footage of Narita Express, but it looks like I mixed it up, however that does look like the bullet nosed NEX, (the ones with the distinctive NEX on the side of it). I couldnt find another photo of what I thought to be the bullet nosed NEX, if you could post one that would be good.

Actually visiting Tokyo? Ive been living there on and off for years. I have an apartment there. And every year there are more and more English people trying to tell the world what great Japan experts there are. Try learning how to speak the language first Nick, the first 20 years are the hardest.

More productive? Thats a typical English look down on others attitude there Nick, you may wish to reign that in. I took the photos from the web because its a lot easier than digging through my footage.

They both have the same nose.

This is the one I use.
    Last edited by Gregory Tenenbaum; June 22nd, 2009 at 03:29 AM.

So you googled the image and worked out that I got it wrong.

I have a ton of footage of Narita Express, but it looks like I mixed it up, however that does look like the bullet nosed NEX, (the ones with the distinctive NEX on the side of it). I couldnt find another photo of what I thought to be the bullet nosed NEX, if you could post one that would be good.

Actually visiting Tokyo? Ive been living there on and off for years. I have an apartment there. And every year there are more and more English people trying to tell the world what great Japan experts there are. Try learning how to speak the language first Nick, the first 20 years are the hardest.

More productive? Thats a typical English look down on others attitude there Nick, you may wish to reign that in. I took the photos from the web because its a lot easier than digging through my footage.

They both have the same nose.

This is the one I use.
    Why would I need to google something that I have used?

The Narita Express uses 253 series trains (these are to be replaced by E259 series trains), all have flat fronts. Perhaps you were getting confused with the Keisei Skyliner (and then that is a slanted face, not a pointed Shinkansen nose), but I doubt you'd get that wrong if you used the service quite a lot...

There were plans for a Narita Shinkansen but it was never built, and there are no other trains in Japan that use the nose of the E2 series.

Stop the charade.

Right, its the Keisei line that has the bullet nose.

Theres no charade Nick. You are just a typical English guy who thinks he knows everything, and no one is allowed to know more about Japan than him.

OK, so I got the picture wrong. Still doesnt change the fact you are a rude git and that Ive been traveling and living on and off in China, Japan, etc since I was about 10.

That seems to upset you, doesnt it. Only you are allowed to know about trains in Tokyo.

Get a life.

Right, its the Keisei line that has the bullet nose.

Theres no charade Nick. You are just a typical English guy who thinks he knows everything, and no one is allowed to know more about Japan than him.

OK, so I got the picture wrong. Still doesnt change the fact you are a rude git and that Ive been traveling and living on and off in China, Japan, etc since I was about 10.

That seems to upset you, doesnt it. Only you are allowed to know about trains in Tokyo.

Get a life.
    Perhaps you missed what I said - the Keisei Skyliner doesn't have a 'bullet nose', it has a fairly flat angled front with forward access.

You tell me to get a life, yet you're the one posting at what 5-ish Eastern Time, and claiming to have resided in a foreign country, yet not actually know nothing about it?

Perhaps you ought to take the advice of your own last sentence instead of spamming the forum with useless rubbish of imaginary trips.

Theres nothing quite as funny as an Englishman pretending to know everything about Japan, without speaking a word of Japanese, and jumping on a mistake and assuming the worst, ie that only he and no one else has lived or been there. We get why you want to claim Japan as your own, after all, theres not much in England to write about is there> But what I dont get is what kind of mind would seek to find the worst in others here, as in "you are a fraud" kind of thinking. It reflects more upon you Nick, than anyone else here. I doubt you are a pediatric surgeon or human rights lawyer. They would give the benefit of the doubt and know that sometimes, people post erroneous information, or make spelling errors. You sound like someone who makes money off other people, Madoff style. Are you in finance somehow? You sure have demonstrated the intellect and mind for it here in this thread.
    Heres the Keisei liner, I regularly use both this and the NEX.

Quote Originally Posted by nick-taylor View Post
    You tell me to get a life, yet you're the one posting at what 5-ish Eastern Time, and claiming to have resided in a foreign country, yet not actually know nothing about it?

Perhaps you ought to take the advice of your own last sentence instead of spamming the forum with useless rubbish of imaginary trips.
    What utter stupidity.

You do not deserve to be a member here. What in your character makes you think like this?

What happened to Nick Taylor?

I guess Nick got shy.

Maybe hes actually starting to learn Japanese and he's busy doing that...

Here's a tip Nick, the first 20 years are the hardest. But try to learn English first, and some critical thinking before you start posting.

I must say I am partial to Antwerpen Centraal. That station is a masterpiece.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast