Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need pictures of the old World Trade Center 3

Default I need pictures of the old World Trade Center 3

Hello, I am very interested in the old WTC and would need some pictures showing the backside of WTC-3 (Marriott hotel), maybe some of you guys could sent me one?

Thank you very much Do you have any pictures of the lower floors opposite WTC-2?

That's the best I could find. It wasn't a very popular area for photographs.

Okay, but thank you anyways Do you have any pictures of the stairs that went up to the plaza next to the two towers?

The WTC was too big and too sterile at ground level.

No real park or anything, just blank concrete and buildings that were hard to appreciate up close...

GL!

Seems hardly anybody bothered to take photos of those cramped and dark staircases. They were probably saving their film for when they got up to the plaza.

Back in 2006 NZ Poster Joelio (what ever happened to that kid?) was modeling the WTC and did the West Street view with stairs and another showing the stairs on Liberty including the foot bridge across Liberty to Deutsche Bank (and another angle HERE).

Click for a BIG Image of the street level entry to 3WTC Marriott Hotel, looking north on West Street from the opposite side at Liberty circa 1998 (also seen HERE)

Alternate IMAGE of that same shot ^

Another street level view:

Similar POV from above:

The image below is found HERE (you'll also find East & South Elevations):

This POST and this POST both have modeled images of the top of the Staircase leading into the plaza next to the Hotel, south of the North Tower.

And of course STR does great work:

Thank you! I already looked at that thread with the 3D models, but didnīt really take a close look at the images. That street level picture is very helpful for me, because now I have a better idea of how the street and entrance of wtc 3 looked. I could use any street level views of the wtc, no matter which building. So thank you again

Good luck finding what you need. That stretch along West Street was always a jumble of unfriendly spaces. Only makes some bit of sense when you understand that when the WTC went up the elevated Miller Highway used to run along there. Then it was all in the dark and covered over. Basically a mess of non-compatible infrastructure. The way it fronted onto Liberty Street, particularly near West Street, was pretty brutal, too.

I never knew that Marriott(?) hotel was so big.....

It was GONE when I went on site. Not like some of the others that had something that resembled them, or the wreckage thereof....

I continued referring to it as the Vista right up until yesterday's post

Looks like somebody archived the Marriott WTC webpages, and this page has photos, inside and out.

That archive page includes a 360 Panoramic View "tour" showing an "Exterior View" of the hotel, pre-9/11, shot from a balcony above the corner at Liberty & West; it has this caption:

"The hustle and bustle of New York City is outside our doors, waiting to be discovered."

And if you click the blue square with the question mark found at the center top row of images on that same page you'll get a Panoramic 360 Tour of the exterior at night, shot from the middle of West Street (seems none of the other pictures on the page are still linkable to the 360 shot).

That blue square includes views of the twins rising above the hotel:

Screen Grab Night:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VistaWTCNight.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	14690

Screen Grab Day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VistaWTCDay.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	14689

This YouTube VID has footage of the hotel, some taken on 9.09.2001 and lots of footage from the day ...

The 9/11 Hotel - Part 1 of 5

Very nice pictures, the really help me a lot. I actually need the information about wtc because I always liked the wtc very much, (although I only was 6 by the time it was destroyed), and so I decided to build a model of it, as accurate as possible, including the whole wtc site and the streets surrounding it. Every picture that you sent me so far has been great help in planning the buildings, Iīm really grateful for your help

Thank you, also! I was looking around for photos, one of my bosses said he wanted to incorporate some design ideas as an homage to the events. He's keeping the project a secret, guess I will see in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast