Page 1 of 124 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 World Trade Center - by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill

Default 7 World Trade Center - by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill

7 WTC renderings will be shown for the first time to the general public on Wednesday Novermber 20.

Default 7 WTC renderings

Yes! FINALLY! Ive been waiteing for these for like...forever.

Default 7 WTC renderings

what is the source that gave this information?
    If this is true, which I hope it is...let's hope they're better than the last!

Default 7 WTC renderings

source from the NYPost.

Default 7 WTC renderings

i am sorry to say but the New York Post is not the most reliable paper in the world, if it was for the Times, that i would trust

Default 7 WTC renderings

The NY Post is a reactionary rag that would be better located somewhere in the South. That does not mean it's an unreliable real estate source though.

(Edited by Christian Wieland at 8:47 am on Mar. 8, 2003)

Default 7 WTC renderings

If this is public, I'd like to go see the unveiling and the public's reaction. Until then, I'll keep wishing that the post wouldn't leave so much ink on my hands when I thumb through it....

Default 7 WTC renderings

Who cares about the Post ?
    Will the new building be an awful box or a nice one, that's the question.

Default 7 WTC renderings

I would trust more that this is true if I'd heard it on NPR or read it in the Times.
    In anycase even if the renderings aren't out by Nov. 20 they'll eventually be out.
    They can take as long as they want, as far as I'm concerned as long as the new plans are magnificent!

Default 7 WTC renderings

i guess it depends on what you call a "nice box" and an "ugly box" *You have to be optimistic with them, they can be ugly, but sometimes you gotta bear with it.

Default 7 WTC renderings

A nice box is not overwhelming and has a pretty skin. The exact opposite of 55 Water Street.

Default 7 WTC renderings

I get this source from a NYPOST editior who was invited to the showing. It will be shown at 11am so it will probably be in the Thursday Paper.

Default 7 WTC renderings

Yeah, the New York Post is usually somewhere along the lines of the National Enquirer and MTV News in terms of (real) news coverage, though it's still one of the best rags about construction in the city.

I can't wait to see these renderings, though I'm still not expecting anything grand...

(Edited by Daniel8ty8 at 8:12 pm on Nov. 17, 2002)

Default 7 WTC renderings

Newsday...

Developer to release plans for first rebuilt trade center tower *

November 19, 2002, 4:46 PM EST

Marking an important step in the rebuilding of ground zero, developer Larry Silverstein was set to release plans on Wednesday for a new 7 World Trade Center, just north of where the twin towers stood.

The 52-story lower Manhattan office tower will incorporate "cutting-edge safety and environmental features," Silverstein's spokesman, Howard Rubenstein, said Tuesday.

The original 7 World Trade collapsed on Sept. 11, 2001, at 5:25 p.m. _ more than eight hours after the twin towers were attacked. The building, which housed a Con Edison power company substation, the mayor's Office of Emergency Management and other offices, had been evacuated, and no one died when it fell.

Silverstein was to release plans for the new building at a news conference Wednesday at the site of the future office tower.

The developer, who owned 7 World Trade and leased the twin 110-story towers from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, at first hoped to start rebuilding 7 World Trade as early as last summer but yielded to community pressure to step back and redesign the building.

The new building will be narrower than its 47-story predecessor so that Greenwich Street, formerly cut off by 7 World Trade Center, can be restored.

Default 7 WTC renderings

Tomorrow's the day! *I am so excited!

Page 1 of 124 123451151101 ... LastLast