Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Avalon West Chelsea / AVA High Line - 525 W 28th St

Default Avalon West Chelsea / AVA High Line - 525 W 28th St

28 Jul 2012

21 Jan 2013

Looks like the Anthem (222 E 34th) on steroids. That isn't a complement.

Crane visible from my office. Wonder if the building between this and the highline will go up even faster than this tower, since it seems they're building the lowrise portion first.

Quote Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
    Wonder if the building between this and the highline will go up even faster than this tower
    You mean the Club Quo Residences at 507 West 28th?

The very one.

Quite mediocre, especially the lowrise portion.

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

it's typical avalon bay. i'm looking forward to getting lunch at the fine foods market.

pathetically bad.

Eh? It's just going to be some brick and some glass and some wall through HVAc units. I mean, it's going to look roughly exactly the same as Chelsea +ART across the street from it. The renderings are themselves flat. This doesn't even abut the highline, and will be invisible compared to the much fancier building between it and the highline. People gotta live somewhere, and HH sizes aren't getting larger, nor are we cramming into ever tiny/more Parisian apartments.

+Art facade along W 28th has some good brick and interesting detailing. OK, it's not all that special. But it's not at the mediocre blah level of Avalon projects seen around town.

I don't quite agree with either Roldan's or Lofters' comments: but Lofter is less wrong. HeHe

This building (particularly the facade detailing) is 'beautiful' - take another look. http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/0...ets_framed.php

There is architectural 'excellence' - +Art bldg - and then their is architectural 'boring-ence' LOL Sorry, but to equate the boring mediocre Avalon building with +Art is just wrong.

Nothing personal, mind you: fellas

If you look at the rental portion of +Art facing along West 27th, there you'll see less articulated brick work. More equal to (but still better than) the usual Avalon stuff.

I've never found the brickwork on Avalon properties to be outright bad. It's just bland (as is the rental part of +art). I mean:

http://goo.gl/maps/UopUi
    http://goo.gl/maps/ZyKRz
    http://goo.gl/maps/H0h1V

Anyway, I still stand by the anonymity of the lowrise portion of this building, even if it appears that the 28th St side of +art is much nicer than the 27th st side. For what it's worth, once the Avalon building is built, I will walk over here and take detailed comparison photos as penance.

Quote Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
    I've never found the brickwork on Avalon properties to be outright bad. It's just bland (as is the rental part of +art). ....... I will walk over here and take detailed comparison photos as penance.
    Walk over as "penance" - HaHa as well you should. BTW, the 'eagle gang' over on 28th street eagerly await your arrival. LOLOLOL

Believe me, if I had abs like that dude on the right, I'd be hanging out at that bar letting guys buy me drinks all night. They're probably expensive (the drinks!) too.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast