Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping in New York

Default Shopping in New York

Hi,

I was wondering what time stores are usually open until. I read that Soho has a lot of cool shops - can anyone tell me what the typical hours are in that area (and the Times Square area)?

Can anyone suggest areas that have clothing stores that are also open at night?

Thanks.
    John

Stores in Soho close anywhere between 5:00 and 10:00 or even later for some, it varies greatly. I'd say most of the bigger clothing and shoe stores are open until 9:00....ish? In Soho, The best bet for clothing and shoe stores that stay open the latest are mostly along Broadway between Bleecker St. and Canal St., and some more on Prince, Spring, and West Broadway. Who knows what time they open - not very early. T-shirt type shops are open very early and very late. I'm equally oblivious to Times Square store hours, sorry.

Default Malls/Shopping centers in New York

Hi,
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I haven't seen such question in here.

Can you please recommend me of a good mall/shopping center in the New York area? I was wondering where is the best one. There are probably a lot but I want to know where locals do their shopping and where's the best place for tourists.

Thanks

Which areas do you mean? and what do you want to buy?

Theres a difference between the areas where the locals do their shopping and the areas tourist do their shopping.

There's a mall in Roosevelt Field (in Nassau) and one in Staten Island..... I don't actually know any in the Manhattan/Queens/Broolyn/Bronx area, LOL... there are probably closer ones.

There is a European style food market inside Grand Central if thats of any interest...
    Last edited by junglizt1210; May 2nd, 2005 at 09:02 AM.

I don't really mind where - anywhere in NYC. I'm just looking for a place where you can find all sorts of stuff - fast food resturants, clothing, electronics and etc. Anybody knows where's the best place where I can find all this?

The mall in Roosevelt Field is great But I was wondering if there's something like this which is closer to the Manhattan/Queens/Broolyn/Bronx area.

Forum Veteran

soho

People who live in NYC don't really shop in malls. The Time Warner Center is as close as you're going to get.

Ryan's suggestion of Soho is spot on.

Thanks for you answers. I thought there are many other malls in NYC. The TWC seems too expensive for me... What is there in SoHo? Is there a mall in that area?

Fifth Ave and 57th street comprise the greatest (glitziest) shopping district on the face of this planet. Soho can be considered the planet's 2nd greatest shopping district. Consider both to be huge outdoor malls - the best in the world, at that.

Most "real" indoor malls in Manhattan aren't that great (with the exception of the Time Warner Center). Two that come to mind are 1) the Pier Mall in South Street Seaport and 2) the Manhattan Mall in Greeley Square.

SoHo has every type of shop you can imagine from an Apple megastore (with a cool glass staircase) to a Swiss Army shop to a brand new Bloomingdales. It is famous for its designer fashion boutiques.

there is the Manhattan Mall!

Forum Veteran

Mall stores are all over manhattan - another concentrated area is 5th ave in the 50's/Rockefeller Center.

YYY, are you just looking to get some shopping done? If so, you'd be better off doing it on the streets and not in a mall. Unlike many places, New York City has retail stores in almost every neighborhood. There's no reason to make a mall your destination.

Thank you all for your replies I didn't know that the best places to shop in NY are outdoors. I think I visited the Manhattan Mall on my last visit to NY. That's a nice one. But I couldn't find the Pier Mall.
    Thanks for your suggestions again.

Default American football shopping in NYC please ???

Hello,
    I'm french and I play american football in france and i would like to have some adress to where i could find footballwear.
    Thanks so much......

Are you coming to NY, or do you want to purchase gear online?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast