Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do single men in their 50s & 60s hang out?

Default Where do single men in their 50s & 60s hang out?

There are many very attractive divorced & single women in the city.
    Any suggestions where to meet men in their 50's to 60's?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Have you tried the Strand bookstore?

Attractive, single, in their 50īs.... and straight?

Pray the rosary.

Forum Veteran

Again with the snide remarks directed to first-time female posters. Is there some kind of anti-woman policy I'm not in on?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    Again with the snide remarks directed to first-time female posters. Is there some kind of anti-woman policy I'm not in on?
    I was just wondering the same thing...

"...the snide remarks directed to first-time female posters."

(?) Examples?

ryan, this is not the first time I've noticed you're prone to misreading people's posts, finding negativity where there is none. The remark that's snide is the one that you made.

Get the chip off your shoulder and acquire a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    Attractive, single, in their 50īs.... and straight...
    Fabrizio, quite a few divorced guys fit this description

It´s just, you know, THE older straight woman´s lament in NYC.

First suggestion: check out his record collection: broadway cast albums are bad sign... a Stephen Sondheim collection ... and you might as well forget about it....

---------------------

"You might have a great time in NYC ..."

31... single...attracted to older women...and Italian? Indeed he will...

I see the older gentlemen at places like Elaine's and Lexington Bar & Books.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    ryan, this is not the first time I've noticed you're prone to misreading people's posts, finding negativity where there is none. The remark that's snide is the one that you made.

Get the chip off your shoulder and acquire a sense of humor.
    This is not the first time I've complained about sophomoric sexist "humor." Thanks for noticing. I prefer to laugh with women rather than at them. If it makes you more comfortable to call that a chip and me humorless - instead of honestly discussing sexism - by all means, have at me. I'm quite comfortable with the argument.

This is not the first time I've complained about sophomoric sexist "humor." Thanks for noticing. I prefer to laugh with women rather than at them. If it makes you more comfortable to call that a chip and me humorless - instead of honestly discussing sexism - by all means, have at me. I'm quite comfortable with the argument.
    I agree with you, Ryan. =)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Honestly, sexism does rear its ugly head around here pretty frequently, though it's usually more along the lines of a lack of response to MrSpice suggesting that women shouldn't walk the streets alone.

Ryan, the one thing you have to realize is that sexism exist because there ARE differences in the sexes.

Not as extreme as some of these people would push it, but lets look at the reality of what Fab is saying.

Men, in general, look for younger women. Women do not have this hangup, although they do tend to look for men who are a little better off (moreso than men do). Men generally are earning more, or have saved more when they are older, so older men do not share the same stigma as older women.

I think this is changing, but as long as women still have the biological clock, there will still be that inherent biological desire in men to look for younger women.

Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT AN ABSOLUTE!!!! THERE ARE SHADES OF GREY IN ALL OF THIS AS WELL AS OUTRIGHT CONTRADICTORY EXAMPLES!!! But, in general, this is how it is.

So fab joking about the difficulty in finding an older, DESIRABLE, AVAILABLE strait male is depressingly close to fact. It is NOT easy.

So relax Ryan. Your objection is noted, but yelling at someone who makes a relatively innocuous comment is not going to get them to agree with you, or anything you say.

Unless you are not trying to change his viewpoint and just want to get into a "discussion", well then "have at him".

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfrau
    Honestly, sexism does rear its ugly head around here pretty frequently, though it's usually more along the lines of a lack of response to MrSpice suggesting that women shouldn't walk the streets alone.
    I find it hard to take anything MS says without more than a grain of salt.

But back on topic, finding a guy in the city is a little difficult. I would think that most guys by that age will be set in their habits and try to stick with what they know and are comfortable with.

It all depends on what kind of guy you are looking for. Most of these guys will be going to bars and clubs that they like, not because they are looking for someone (as they might have done in their youth). I would look for places more known for their selection of items (such as scotch or beer), certain bookstores, galleries or even parks.

Think of the type of guy you would like to meet, and think of what he would like, and by that age they are probably there.

GL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast