Access to and use of the Wired New York (wirednewyork.com) image and text files and data on this site are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The text, images, and data on the Wired New York Web site (the “Site”) are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Wired New York retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Materials”). Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, the Wired New York.
2. The Materials are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users may download these files for their own use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file or program. Users must, however, cite the author and source of the Materials as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL “wirednewyork.com”.
Copying or redistribution in any manner for commercial use, including commercial publication, or for personal gain is strictly prohibited.
The Frequently Asked Questions and Answers listed below may assist you in interpreting permitted uses in these Terms and Conditions.
3. Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. The Wired New York assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your use of the Site or your downloading of any Materials from the Site.
4. The Wired New York has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
5. The Wired New York may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
May I put unaltered images or text from the Wired New York Web site on a file server at my school or museum?
Yes, if there is no charge for the user and if electronic distribution is of limited term to your school or museum only. The images must remain unaltered. All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration, and the citation should include the URL “wirednewyork.com”.
May I put unaltered images or text from the WiredNewYork.com Web site on my personal Web site?
Yes, so long as the site takes in no advertisements and no sponsors, does not charge a fee for services, and does not offer any product or service for sale. The images must remain unaltered. All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration, and the citation should include the URL “wirednewyork.com”.
May I put images or text from the Wired New York Web site on a CD-ROM, public domain or otherwise?
May I print selected images or text excerpts from the Wired New York Web site for a school report?
Yes, if it is a personal or academic work, and not for publication in any medium. The images must remain unaltered. All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration. You should cite the source as you would any printed work; the citation should include the URL “wirednewyork.com”. This type of use is encouraged; all other forms of publication are expressly prohibited.
How do I obtain permission for other forms of publication?
Anyone wishing to use the Materials from this Site for purposes other than as authorized herein must obtain prior written approval. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Wired New York. A usage fee may be charged depending on the nature of the proposed use. Contact Wired New York.